16- Karuizawa Pt. 1

Ayaka

"90...91...92..." I strained as I did morning sit ups. Suddenly my cell started to ring and I knew who it was from the ring tone that I gave him. It's only three days into summer break can't he let us rest? Sighing I laid on my back and grabbed the small green device not far from my reach.

"Hell-" I was barely able to get out my greeting before I had the rip the phone away from me ear.

"She's gone! My beloved daughter has vanished off the face of the earth! She must've been kidnapped by a band of gypsies! I just know it! Contact the police! We have to request an emergency deployment of the SDF." Tamaki screamed. I put the phone back on my ear.

"Wait, slow down. You're not making any sense. Now, what? What do you mean Haruhi 's gone!?" Tamaki explains slowly and I start to rub my temple with my free hand. This idiot.

"Huh? So, Haru-chan is really missing?" Mitsukuni says surprised.

"And her family is bankrupt?" Takashi repeats Tamaki.

"It's the only explanation! I've been trying to get through to her home phone and her father's work phone for the past several days and no one will answer! They've been evicted and forced into indentured servitude! We have to rescue them!" Tamaki shouted again. I can feel his tears of worry coming through my cell. Or maybe that's my sweat, I really need a shower.

"Oh! Haru-chan!" Mitsukuni said sadly, his voice wavering.

"Boss please, not so loud. Have you tried calling her cell phone yet?" Hikaru asked plainly.

"Cell phone? Why on Earth would she have a cell phone!?" He raged then went quiet," Of course. She was issued one by a secret underground network of commoners known as the plebeian exchange."

"Haruhi is in Karuizawa." Kyoya and I said in unison.

"Haruhi was turned out of her home, kidnapped by gypsies, and forced into servitude in Karuizawa?" Tamaki said confused.

"Moron." I whispered ripping my shirt off over my head as I went into the bathroom. It's too early for this.

I waved my driver away as I stood in Kyoya's family's driveway and walked up the stairs. The door opened before I got it and I was pulled in by Tamaki. We all went to Kyoya's roof and there sat the gorgeous helicopter we were going to take to Karuizawa. I dashed from the hosts and checked the beauty out. I was excited to co-pilot the way down to Karuizawa.

"Haruhi! Despair not! Daddy's come to save you!" Tamaki screamed into the megaphone with tears in his eyes. Haruhi deadpanned as she looked up to the helicopter. The pilot said he was going to take care of the helicopter and complimented my flying skills, so we entered Pension Misuzu. I was the last one to enter, but I guess I made the biggest entrance. Misuzu grabbed me up in a hag and smothered me.

"Oh my! Ayaka Yamaguchi, what are you doing here? You look so grown up and just like your mother. She would be so proud of the boy parade you have with you." Misuzu spun me around then turned his attention to the boys. They gave me curious looks. I shrugged and looked away, it's my business how I know him. Aka A friend of Ranka's is apparently a friend of my mom's and now me.

"Why don't you call me Misuzu-chi?" He gushed with a happy smile.

"He's an old friend of Ranka's." Kyoya said.

"They used to work together at the same shop years ago." I informed them.

"Well, naturally you two would know." Tamaki commented. We glared at him.

"Kill me." Haruhi commented to herself mostly.

"I went into business for myself 2 years ago, and believe me. Running this adorable little pension is like living a fairy-tale." Misuzu fanned gleefully.