14- Ayaka in Wonderland

3rd Person POV   

"I'm happy to say that your daughter's future here at Ouran Academy is assured. We are honored to have her continuing her education at our academy." The Dean of Ouran Academy said to Mr. Yamaguchi proudly. It was rumored around the rich community that Mr. Yamaguchi was going to enroll his daughter in a private military academy in America. So it came as a surprise to the Dean when he saw an application for Yamaguchi's daughter. Mr. Yamaguchi chuckled and shook the Dean's hand.

"Thank you. Ayaka insisted on staying in Japan and there's nothing I could do to change her mind. She takes after her mother's stubbornness." Ayaka stood quietly behind her father playing with the bangs of her long black ponytail.

"Is that right? Ms. Yamaguchi, would you mind if your father and I spoke privately? You are more than welcome to explore the grounds if you like. Of course, most of the students are gone for spring break, but you might make some new friends, even so." The Dean said looking around Ayaka's father to her.

"Go on, Ayaka." Her father said sternly," I'll handle the paperwork." Ayaka left the room quietly.

"She's quite the independent spirit. Children of her intelligence often are, it must be lonesome for you." The Dean said to Mr. Yamaguchi.

"Not at all, she's just like her mother very able to handle her own. I just wonder if she'll enjoy herself here?" He responded.

----

Ayaka slowly ascended to stairs and walked down an empty hall. She stopped to look out the window. At the end of the hall she noticed was a room with the door slightly open. Some small arm waved her to come into the room. As she walked closer she saw something dance lazily across the open door. She looked at the plaque above the door and saw that it said Music Room #3. She pushed the door open and looked inside.

She saw a pink rabbit drop a banana peel and dance to the middle of the room where it stopped suddenly. The sound of a powerful motor turned on and the rabbit started to sink into the floor. It turned to face her.

"A rabbit?! But it's stuffed!" She thought as she dashed after it," Hey wait! Hold on a minute!" She called, but she slipped on the banana peel and fell into the hole where the rabbit disappeared.

Ayaka held her skirt down as she screamed falling down the hole. She sighed when she landed safely.

"I'm okay." She relaxed, but then noticed she got herself stuck in a blue vase. She fell forward off the pedestal the vase was on," Ow. Oh come on." She pulled at the vase her butt was stuck in. Ayaka noticed a mouse coming out a piano wearing a boys middle school uniform. There was strangely a banana tree next to the piano.

"Excuse me. I've got myself kind of stuck in this thing. If you wouldn't mind giving me a hand, I really appreciate it." Ayaka said to the mouse coming out of the piano. The mouse looked shocked then jumped up and grabbed a banana and took a bite. The mouse disappeared in a cloud of pink smoke.

"Hey, where are you going?! Huh? He disappeared." The mouse ran out of the cloud," Wait! Come back!" The mouse ran away from Ayaka and into a very small door and slammed it shut behind him. She inched over to the door and opened it and saw that mouse and the pink bunny, they ran when they saw her," There's gotta be some other way out of here, right? Unless..." Ayaka sighed as she saw a banana that fell from the tree. She ate it quickly and shrunk down then pushed the vase away from her and ran to the door.

Ayaka walked down a long black hallway. Soon lights on the wall started counting down from three then displayed a picture of bananas on the wall.

"Banana?" She said weirdly as she stepped on one and started skidding down the hall. Many lights flashed on as she went down the hall. Suddenly she was falling down a hole again. Ayaka splashed into a pool and swam to quickly resurface.