Chapter 47

To put things in simple terms I was anxious. I was anxious about what's going on with the baby. I was anxious about whether or not everything will be okay. I was anxious about my own health and how that effects everything. I was anxious about when Harry was going to be here. Don't get me wrong my father being here was nice but it was not as comforting as having Harry here. After hours of poking and prodding I was getting more anxious because they weren't telling me anything. A nurse was checking on the baby's heartbeat when Harry finally entered the room. His hair was a mess like he's been coming through it religiously with his fingers and his eyes were swollen from tears.

"Well, well, well look who finally showed up." I joked as Harry made his way across the room and right next to me. He planted a kiss on my forehead before running his fingers through my hair.

"Hi baby. Have they said anything yet?" The downfall to Harry being in the air was that if there was information about what was going on he wouldn't have been able to find out right away.

"We're still waiting on a couple test results." I tried to give him a small smile. He grabbed the chair that was behind him and pulled it up against the bed. He sat down and never took his eyes off of me or my hand from his. After what seemed like an eternity the doctor finally entered the room.

"Hey Jennifer, how are you feeling?" Dr. Frank asked.

"A little anxious if I'm honest." I looked at Harry who gave me a reassuring smile.

"Well, I've got some good news and some bad news. The good news is that everything is fine with the baby." He paused and both Harry and I sighed. "The bad news is you were showing signs of preterm labor so I will be putting you on bed rest for the remainder of your pregnancy. You have to take it easy or it'll put stress on both you and the baby." Dr. Frank explained.

"So everything is fine with our baby?" Harry asked. The doctor nodded in agreement.

"But we're supposed to be moving to London in two weeks." I stated. How were we supposed to move if I was bed ridden?

"You can still do such as long as things don't get worse. However, you are not allowed to do any lifting or be on your feet for very long so, I advise you gather some friends to help you two." The doctor explained. The doctor then prescribed me some steroids to prevent labor as much as possible then sent me on my way.

...

"Are you feeling okay?" Harry asked for the billionth time today. We were finally in London and were getting settled in his house in Hampstead.

"Yes Harry. The doctor said I can still do a little at a time. I just have to take it easy and not overwork myself." I smiled at him as I began unpacking some of my clothes. Though I was practically seven months pregnant I was still able to fit into most of my tops and dresses. Jeans, however, were a different story.

"I'm just protective over you two." Harry walked across the room and put his arms around me from behind and resting his hands on my stomach. "I see the little one is active today." Harry kissed the back of my head. It seemed that the baby always knew when Harry was around because when he was the baby was constantly moving.

"That's only because they know their dad is around." I smiled at Harry. I turned around and planted a soft kiss on his lips before returning to the task at hand.

"We should finish the baby's room before I leave for Dunkirk. I don't want you to have to worry about that while I'm gone." Harry went back to helping me unload boxes.

"That sounds like a great idea." I gave him a soft smile then finished hanging up the last of my tops.