Chapter 16

Before I knew it I was in Pittsburgh for Mason's fundraiser. My father had it at a local hotel and decided to contact all his rich friends to convince them to donate. I decided to wear a long black dress and simple heels. I was networking with one of my dad's college buddies when I saw something out of the corner of my eye.

"Hello." The voice said as he placed his hand on the small of my back. I turned to see Mike standing beside me. Of course my dad would invite him.

"Hi. How are you?" I responded. He was not who I wanted to be seeing while spending time here.

"I'm good. You look beautiful." He tried to give me a kiss but I dodged out of his way.

"Thank you Mike. You look nice as well." I scanned the room for someone, anyone to talk to besides one of the men I despised the most. Of course I couldn't spot a family member anywhere near me.

"How are things in London?" He asked.

"Things are good. I'm dating someone now. The practice is also going amazing." I said forcing a fake smile.

"How's that going? Is it that guy I saw you with last time?" He took a sip of his drink.

"His name is Harry and yes he was here with me the last time I visited Mason." I harshly reply.

"Why isn't he here?" He raised an eyebrow. I did not want to have to explain myself to him.

"He's on tour currently. After I leave Pittsburgh I will be joining him." I finally spotted my aunt from across the room. "Excuse me but I have to go talk to my aunt about something." I turn on my heels and make my way towards my dad's sister. Just as I was about to reach her my phone began to ring. I pulled it out and saw Harry's name across the screen.

"Hello?" I answered it as I made my way towards the lobby of the hotel.

"Hey, can you talk? I know you had that thing tonight but I could really use someone to talk to." He was clearly upset. His voice was strained and I had no idea what could be wrong.

"Yeah, what's wrong?" I took a seat.

"Zayn keeps fucking up and now he's been caught with some other girl and threatening to leave." Harry sounded defeated.

"I'm sorry Harry."

"I wish he would just leave already." He started to get irritated. I took a deep breath before speaking.

"I know it's more trouble than it's worth. Why doesn't he just grow up or get out." My brother spots me giving me a questioning look.

"I have no idea. He would be doing us a favor. When will you be here?" He changes the subject.

"Tuesday evening. I will be in London 12 hours before I head to China." I tell him my plans. I look up and my brother is still staring at me. "I hate to do this Harry but I have to go."

"It's fine, love. We'll talk later." He says before hanging up.

"Dad is looking for you." My brother says as I put my phone in my bag.

"Ok. I'll be in in just a second." I stand up as my brother walks away. What is really going on in Asia? I hope whatever is going on between the boys stops before I get there because I don't do awkward well.