Chapter 13

Before I knew it, it was Tuesday and I was back in my office in London. Jet lag seemed to be getting the best of me this morning considering I was on my third cup of coffee before my first appointment. I was straightening up my files when Erica walked into my office.

"Hey how was your weekend?" She asked as she walked into the room.

"It was okay. We spent a lot of time at the hospital but I was also able to take Harry around the city a little bit." I say as I put my files to the side.

"How's that going?" She stepped further into the room.

"Really good actually. My dad seems to even like him." I laugh at the thought of my dad's reaction when he met him.

"That's good. Do you want to get lunch today? We can play catch up even more." She smiles.

"Sounds good." I return to my work as she walks out of the room. I looked at my phone and I had three texts. One from Gemma and two from Harry.

Hope your appointments go well today. x H.

I have meetings and rehearsal all day. Sleepover at my place tonight? x H.

I smiled and decided to agree to the plans. My day went by extremely fast and before I knew it I was on my way home. I walked into the apartment and Gemma was sitting at the kitchen counter.

"Hey Gemma." I said as I put my purse down on the counter.

"Hi how was work?" She asks. I explain to her my day as I prepare myself something to eat.

"What's going on with you and Hazza?" She asks me as I'm finishing up the dishes.

"We're dating. Nothing too serious." I shrug.

"He went home with you. I would say it's serious." She points out. "He doesn't just drop everything to hang out with a girl. He must really like you." She smiles.

"Are you sure? I mean he practically told me he was coming with me no questions asked." I remember him saying to me at lunch how he was coming with me no matter what.

"Yes. Harry is smitten with you." She smiles. I liked Harry but I still had the constant feeling of uncertainty especially since he will be on the road in a few weeks. Just when I was beginning to feel unsure I got a text from Harry.

Leaving rehearsals. Be there soon. x H.
I quickly responded and made my way into my bedroom to gather a few things into an overnight bag. I gathered some makeup and tried to figure out what I was going to wear to work tomorrow. I decided on skinny dress pants and a flowy blouse. I was grabbing my toothbrush when I heard Harry in the other room talking to Gemma. Perfect timing. I threw my bag over my shoulder and walked out into the living room. I looked over at Harry and I could tell he was exhausted.

"Ready?" He asks as he spots me. I nod and we say our goodbyes to Gemma. As we step into the elevator I look at Harry and he seems to be either deep in thought or upset about something.

"Are you okay?" I look up at him with my hand resting on his chest.

"No but I don't want to talk about it right now." He says. He kisses my temple and we make our way to his car.