Chapter 10

"Are you ever going to tell me about your meeting?" I ask him 30000 feet in the air. He never mentioned the meeting when he got to my place last night and this morning we were too busy trying to get to the airport on time in order to discuss things.

"Zayn wants to leave." He blurts out. I instantly put my hand over my mouth. I'm speechless.

"I'm sorry." I finally blurt out after gawking at him for a minute.

"Honestly, I knew it was coming." He stares at me. I could tell in some way he was hurt. I rest my head on his shoulder.

"It's rough losing someone." I say as I run my hand up and down his thigh. He kisses my forehead before speaking.

"At least I have you." He nearly whispers. I smile at his words before taking his hand in mine.

"I'll be here as long as you let me." Though it was a simple conversation our relationship seemed to shift in a matter of minutes. We were more than just friends and I was completely comfortable with him. I wouldn't change a thing about whatever was happening between us.

"Does your sister know I'm coming?" He asks after a few minutes of silence.

"I may have mentioned it in passing. But I haven't told my dad." I bite my lip. I could only imagine the comments from my dad upon meeting Harry. Especially since he had no idea who he was both personally and professionally.

"Why not? Is your dad some secret fan girl?" He jokes.

"Actually whenever someone says one direction he says which way." I laugh. My dad was not the brightest of the bunch but he was the only parent I had growing up. He always protected me and supported all my decisions including my move to England. However, he was not a fan of heavily tattooed boys for his oldest daughter.

"It's nice meeting people who have no idea who I am." He runs his fingers through my hair.

"Don't speak too soon. We are going to be spending our time at a children's hospital and you are bound to get spotted." I warn him. He shrugs.

"I love kids. Plus those kids can recognize me all they want but they're the real rock stars." He comment made me smile. Caring for children was something close to my heart and I'm glad it was something close to Harry's as well.

Eventually we fell asleep for a couple hours and before I knew it we were landing in Pittsburgh. Though I did not want to be back so soon for these circumstances I was finally able to breathe knowing I was in the same city as Mason. Once we gathered our bags and got a rental car we decided to get something to eat.

"Do you want to see where I used to kill it before I became a hot shot psychologist?" I ask Harry as I pull out of the parking lot of the car rental place.

"Absolutely. I hope they have your picture hanging up." He jokes.

"Prepare yourself for a Pittsburgh delicacy because you sir are going to Eat'n Park." I tell him. The place is nothing fancy. Eat'n park is a chain restaurants known for Superburgers and Smiley cookies. Luckily my old work was only 10 minutes from the airport. After we park I walk in and walk directly over to the podium and search the list of waitresses that were working.

"Can we have Kelly?" I ask the hostess. She must be newer considering I had no idea who she was. Kelly, however, was one of my best work friends. We were instantly seated and I watched Harry's face as he scanned the menu.

"Why do you guys put chips on everything?" He asks. I laugh at his question.

"It's a Pittsburgh thing. Wait until I take you to Primanti's." I say just as Kelly walks over. She hasn't seemed to change one bit. Her smile was huge the moment she say me.

"Jenny!" She practically yelled. I have her a quick hug. "What can I get you to drink?" She smiles at Harry.

"I'll have a sweet tea." I smile. I look over to Harry and he looks more confused than ever.

"I'll take a Pepsi." He responds after what seems like an eternity.

"Coming right up." Kelly winks at me before walking away.

"She seems interesting." Harry says as he still looks over the menu.

"She's the best." I inform him. "Before we leave here you might like her more than you like me." I wink. Before I know it Kelly is back with our drinks.

"How's London?" She asks me after noticing Harry was still deciding.

"It's wonderful. This is Harry by the way." I motion towards him.

"Pleasure to meet you!" She says almost a little too happy.

"Same to you." He smiles. "I'm her boyfriend." He says. I blush and look over at Kelly who has a huge smile on her face. We talk for a few minutes before ordering. Once Kelly turns away I look over to him.

"So you're my boyfriend?" I say while taking a sip of my sweet tea. I was not expecting those words to come out of his mouth and we never discussed that we were exclusively dating yet.

"Of course I am. Unless he is." Harry points over to one of my old coworkers who was staring at me with curious eyes.

"Definitely not. But you better watch he might want you." I wink at Harry before I start laughing uncontrollably.