Chapter 15

I was sitting at my desk when Erica entered the room.

"Your first appointment is here." She says to me standing in the doorway of my office.

"Come on in." I say as I get up from my desk.

"Samantha, this is Dr. George." She gestures to the young girl behind her. I almost stop in my tracks when I look at her. Samantha was the young girl that I met on the corner this morning.

"Hello." I smiled to the young girl. "Shall we get started." I motioned for her to enter the room and Erica left the room closing the door behind you.

"So Harry's girlfriend talks to kids all day." She says as she plops down on the couch.

"I am not Harry's girlfriend nor am I allowed to discuss my personal life with you. We are here to talk about you." I say as I sat in the chair across from her.

"But I have seen you in his pictures and I follow you on Instagram." She says picking at her nails. I shift in my seat. I should really make that thing private.

"We are done talking about me." I harshly remark. "Let's talk about you."

"But I don't want to talk about me. Are you guys engaged?" She says pointing to my left ring finger. I laugh.

"No this is my grandmother's ring." I say twirling the diamond ring between my fingers. I was beginning to question why this girl was here. I sat there for another minute staring at the girl.

"You know what." I take a deep breath before continuing. "I can't do this. I can't tell if you genuinely need some guidance or you are doing this for an interest. I can give you a referral to see another psychologist." I begin scribbling down notes. The girl is quiet as I escort her out of my office and into the lobby. I explain to Erica to give her information on different psychologists in the area and she obliges. I walk back to my office and immediately pull out my phone to text Harry.

I don't know if I can do this. I say. If this girl came to me because of Harry it slightly frightens me. I want to keep my life private and I know if anything was to happen between us more than it has then I would be giving that up.

What do you mean? He instantly replies.

One of your fans scheduled an appointment with me to talk about you. I explain. I really hope this is the last time this happens because it honestly freaked me out.

Don't let them get to you. They are crazy but I'm even crazier for you. I smile at his cheesy line. Harry leaves in two days for tour and I'm even more confused now.

..

"I will be in Pittsburgh next weekend and in Asia the week after that." I tell my dad. Harry left for tour over a week ago and I've been busier than ever with patients. We try to FaceTime everyday but the time difference and my schedule have caused it to be harder than expected.

"What's in Asia?" My dad asks for the fifth time.

"I told you I'm going to see Harry for a couple of days. He's on tour there and invited me to come see him." I look at my nails and realize they need done desperately. Maybe that's what I'll do while I wait for Harry to call tonight. If he does. He was currently in Thailand and the band seemed to be more on edge.

"Will you be in town for Mason's fundraiser then?" My family was hosting a benefit dinner for Mason while I was in town to help raise money for his medical expenses. Heart transplants are not cheap and neither is waiting for one.

"Yes Dad. I'll be there. That's why I'm flying to Pittsburgh next weekend before Asia." I roll my eyes at my dad's comment. Why else would I fly from England to America then to Asia? It certainly wasn't for my health.