Chapter 33

For a majority of the following day I was successfully able to ignore Harry. I was still angry about him doing drugs consider I've seen what it can do to people. In the morning I met my father for breakfast downtown. We simply discussed work and life. It wasn't until I was almost finished with my coffee that my dad asked about Harry.

"He's living the rock star life." I simply replied before going back to my coffee. My dad seemed content with my answer and didn't mention Harry for the rest of the meal. In the early afternoon I met up with my best friend, Steph, for some shopping. I rarely say her considering she was in medical school and I was in New York. We were shopping in a baby store looking for a gift for our mutual friend.

"Do you think you and Harry will have babies?" She asked while holding up a little tutu.

"I don't even know if we'll last til the end of this tour." I sighed.

"Trouble in paradise?" Steph questioned while scanning the racks.

"Harry's been making some choices that I'm not fond of. And I haven't confronted him about them either." I grabbed a couple of little dresses.

"How bad is it?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Let's just say a little white substance has entered the picture, but I don't know how often he's doing it. He did it once in front of me while in his hotel room but I'm not with him enough to know if it's a routine thing." I rambled.

"Ask him about it. I mean doesn't he know what your brother has been through?" At this point we were at checkout. I was paying for my gift when my phone started ringing.

"Speaking of the devil." I showed my phone to Steph. Harry's name flashed across the screen.

"Answer it." She encouraged.

"I'm still kind of mad." I tried to reason. So I pressed my phone up to my ear.

"Answer it or I will." I knew she was serious.

"Hello?" I answered waiting for his reply.

"Hey babe."I heard him sigh on the other line. "How are you? Why haven't you been answering me?"

"Sorry I've been busy all day. I'm actually catching up with Steph right now. Can I call you later. We need to talk." I gave Steph a fake smile while I tapped my foot.

"That's fine. Call me when you can." He replied with an short tone.

"Will do Harry. Bye." He replied with a goodbye and hung up.

"So what's Mr. Rockstar up to today?" Steph said as we walked out of the shop.

"Not sure but I really don't know how to approach him about this subject." I ran my fingers through my hair.

"You'll figure it out. You always do." Steph smiled as we walked down the street.