Chapter 9

The next morning I was awoken from an unfamiliar ringtone. I soon realized it was Harry's phone and looked at the clock on my nightstand. It was 8:30am.

"Harry." I shook him. "You're phone keeps ringing." He slowly began to open his eyes when the phone rang again. He looked at his phone then his eyes shot wide open.

"Shit." He said aloud before answering the phone. "I'm on my way." He answered the phone. He jumped out of my bed before putting on his jeans. "I'm so sorry but I have to go. I have a meeting with management." He grabbed his wallet and walked towards me.

"It's fine. Want to grab lunch after?" I offer.

"I would love that. I wanna talk to you about something." He gave me a kiss before leaving the room. What did he want to talk about? I couldn't think of anything and looked at my phone. Though I didn't have my first appointment until 2:15 I decided to get up and work on some files since I would be gone this weekend. I rolled out of bed and made my way to the shower. Once out of the shower I decided on a pair of black high waisted dress slacks and a mint button down. The mint shirt really pulled out the blue in my eyes which was one of the reasons I loved this shirt. I put my hair in a high ponytail before grabbing my work at and blazer to head out the door.

Meet at my office after your meeting? I texted Harry once I stepped into the room I considered my office. However, it was not set up like every other psychologists office. Since I specialized in nonverbal children I had a corner filled with toys and books and my desk in the opposing corner. I had a small table with mini chairs as well as a couch which made it easy for children that wasted to constantly move around.

That works. I'll be on that side of town anyways. Harry replied to my text message quickly after. I started organizing my upcoming appointments and meetings around trips back to Pittsburgh. I decided for the time being I would only schedule appointments Tuesday thru Thursday giving me a four day weekend making it easy to fly back to Pittsburgh. Luckily today was my Friday so I could pack up for Pittsburgh when I left work.

Just left my meeting. Can't wait to see you. Be there in 20. x H. I received a text from Harry around 12:30 informing me that he was on his way. I decided to finish up my analysis on one of my clients since their evaluation would be up by the end of the month. Just as I was finishing up the file my office phone rang.

"Dr. George's office." I answered the phone.

"Hey it's Erica. Some rockstar is here to see you." She practically whispered.

"Tell him I'll be right out." I smiled as I gather my jacket and purse and made my way towards the lobby of the practice.

"Well don't you look beautiful." Harry says as soon as he sees me. We exchange a quick kiss and I can practically see the huge grin on Erica's face from behind me.

"I'll be back in about an hour. If my sister calls tell her she can reach me on my cell." I tell Erica before leaving.

"How was your meeting?" I ask Harry once we are seated at the bistro around the corner from my work.

"Awful. But I can tell you more about that later. I don't want any wandering ears listening in." He smiles bringing me to the realization he's in the public eye and people can easily leak information.

"Sounds good. What did you want to talk to me about?" I say changing the subject.

"I want to come to Pittsburgh with you this weekend." His statement shocks me as I choke slightly on my tea.

"Why?" Im confused.

"Because I want to be there for you. I know it's rough. I just want you to remember that you have me to lean on." He says grabbing my hand above the table.

"That's sweet Harry but are you sure you can? Are you sure you don't have to be anywhere?" I ask him. I don't want my personal life get in the way of his career especially if we haven't even determined what we are yet.

"No I have a free weekend for once. If this were next weekend, however, I have an award show to go to." He grins.

"Then I would gladly appreciate the company." I smiled. We spent the rest of the lunch discussing our upcoming weekend in Pittsburgh and decided he will meet me at my place tonight so we can go to the airport together tomorrow morning easily.