Chapter 2

I had just finished putting away my last load of laundry when Gemma came in my room.

"Are you almost ready?" She asked. I looked down and realized I was still in my leggings and oversized sweatshirt that had Penn State written across it.

"Give me fifteen minutes." I say. She smiled and walked out the room. I walked over to my closet trying to figure out what to wear. We were going out with her brother so there was bound to be paparazzi. Great. I decided on a loose black top and dark wash jeans. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and grabbed a pair of heeled booties as well as my leather jacket as I walked into the living room.

"Ready?" Gemma asked looking over at me.

"As I'll ever be." As much as I wanted a distraction from the last month I wasn't quiet sure a night on the town was the perfect idea. I grabbed my purse and phone and made my way towards the door. After we got in the cab I texted my sister asking how Mason was and threw my phone back in my bag.

We arrived at the restaurant about 20 minutes later and I saw photographers already outside.

"The boys must already be here." Gemma said breaking my concentration.

"That or Tom Cruise." I laugh at myself. We walked in the restaurant and headed directly toward the table in the back corner of the restaurant. There sat Harry, Niall, and Louis. We greeted them each with a hug and a friendly kiss on the cheek.

"How was Pittsburgh?" Harry asked me once we all sat down.

"Cold and stressful." I reply taking a sip of my drink.

"Sorry about that. How is the little man doing?" Everyone looks at me. Gemma shoots me a concerning look. She knows how much of a sore subject it is for me.

"Okay. Hopefully he will be out of the cardiac ICU this week." I look down at the menu. I decide on some type of ravioli dish. We continue making small talk as we finish up our meals.

"Where do you want to go after this?" Louis asks as we all finish our food.

"Anywhere they aren't." Harry nods towards the door.

"We could just go back to our flat and have drinks." Gemma suggests. We all agree and moments later are getting in Harry's car headed towards our flat.

As soon as we get home Gemma heads towards the kitchen to start making some drinks and I walk off to my room to put my purse down and my phone on the charger.

"Are you sure you are okay?" I turn around to see Harry standing in my doorway.

"What do you mean? I'm fine." I shrug. I was sort of lying. I honestly felt like I was dying inside to see Mason that way. He was my everything and at times I thought I was going to lose him. Things, however, were beginning to look up which was why I returned to London.

"About your nephew. Mason is his name isn't it?" He steps closer closing the door behind him.

"Honestly, I've never been so upset in my life but he is finally getting better and they have a plan which gives me hope." I sit down on my bed.

"Jenn if you anything I am here." I hear him say. Seconds later I hear Gemma calling for us. He walks into our living with me following seconds later.

"So what do you guys want to talk about?" Niall is trying to make small talk as we all sit there in silence.

"I know. Let's play a game." Louis suggests.

"We aren't playing a stupid game." Gemma shoots down that idea.

"Do you have a better suggestion?" Niall turns to her.

"Not really. I guess we can play a game." She replies.

"How about truth or dare?" Harry suggests.