Chapter 22

BLUE

"Ooh, a friend? What's their name?" I asked Red with interest.

"You'll learn when we get there." Red blankly responded as he hopped off the couch. He gestured towards the door and stated "I'm gonna for a bit."

I nodded and walked into the kitchen. I heard the door open then shortly after slam shut, making my head hurt.

Why'd I drink that stuff?

I looked on the stove and it was still on and had burnt eggs on it.

That's what the burnimg smell was.

I turned off the stove and threw the ruined eggs in the trash.

After about twenty minutes I had finished eating and Red had came back inside. I glaced over at him and noticed he had red stuff on his hands.

"Red? What's on your hands?" I asked. "Nothing." He answered a little too quickly.

"You're lying to my face, what's on your hands?"

"Ugh, you need to know everything don't you? Okay, you really wanna know, it's blood."

"Why... Why is there... blood on your hands?"

"I'll tell you when you're older."

"Tell me now!"

"No."

"You're impossible."

"That's why it's spelled I-M possilble." Red retorted as he washed his hands off in the sink. I sighed as Red lead me out the door and said "I know a shortcut to my friends house, follow me."

I followed Red behind a tree then suddenly we were in a lab of some kind. Red turned around and said "Nice short cut, huh?"

How did I get in here?

I looked at my surroundings. Almost everything was white. Anything that wasn't white was a metal piece of lab equipment sitting on one of the counters either side of the room. There were two stools next to the counter on the right and to the left was a double sided mirror.

Red turned around and yelled "Gaster, you in here." There was a crashing sound and a voice calling from behind "One second!" I turned around and saw a half opened door. After a few moments the door opened fully and a lanky figure stood in the doorway.

I had to look up pretty far to see his whole body. His face had two long cracks in it and he had holes in his hands. He was wearing a black lab coat with a scarlet shirt under it.

So tall...

Red looked up and said "Hey, Gaster." Gaster smiled and responded "Hello son, who's your little friend."

Wait, what? He's Red dad! Why didn't mention this? Why don't they live together?

Red turned to look at me and said "Blue meet Gaster, Gaster meet Blue." Gaster held out his hand so I took it. I smiled and greeted "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Gaster smiled then looked around and asked "Where is Papyrus?" Red opened his to reply but closed it again seeming at a loss for words.

Gaster put his holed hands over his mouth and weakly said "He didn't..." Red looked down and nodded. "Oh God..." Gaster muttered.

This is gonna be awkward...

******

Red and I have been here a few days to help Gaster. He seemed to be doing well, he was making skeleton puns that were driving me crazy, so that's always a good sign.

Right now I was standing next to Gaster with Red's soul floating in front of us. The soul seemed to have a long tear down the middle.

What"s that for.

"Touch it." Gaster said then Red quickly shook his head no.

"I think Red wants me to."

"No, he'll find it quite enjoyable."

"Okay, if you really want me to." I replied as I press my finger on Red's cracked soul. The closer I got to it the more the tear seemed to go away.

Why are the cracks going away?

Red clenched his teeth shut to and said, keeping his voice down for some reason "K-kid, st-stop."

But the soul felt like nothing I've ever touched before and Gaster wanted me to touch it.

"B-Blue, sto-stop it!" Red demanded, seeming more tense than before. Then after a few moments Red let out a groan.

I immediately stopped touching Red's soul and loudly asked "Oh my God, did that hurt I'm so sorry!"

Author's note

Sorry for the late update so I made this chaper an extra 200 words. Yay.