Chapter 19

CHA-FR-RA

I was staring down Papyrus, Red's brother-

And my next victim.

Wait, what?

I saw someone I not only want to kill, but someone we need to kill

I sighed and decided not to put up a fight. She would win anyway. She always wins.

Papyrus was giving me glare of death as he growled "This is where it stops. This. Is. The. End."

"Ha! I love determined opponents. It makes the game more fun" Chara's voice replied. It was my mouth but her words

Papyrus didn't even notice Chara's threat as lifted his hand and sent a wave of bones at me. I avoided all of them, but that was Chara's doing.

The way she was controlling me was weird. It was like she had tied strings to my limbs and was above moving me like a puppet.

Huh, I'm a literal puppet now.

I, Chara made me sprint up to Papyrus and me slash my knife at him. He managed to avoid the worst of it, but I still nicked his arm. Blood gushed out of Papyrus's arm. The rush I felt was amazing.

Something about watching Papyrus bleed, something about watching his blood fall to the snowy ground dying it red, something about the look of fear in his eyes. It made me snap. It made me realize how easily I could kill someone, how easily I could get that rush. It made me want to have it twenty-four seven, even if it meant I had to watch everyone around me suffer, it was worth it.

Chara started whisper things in my head.

Don't you feel powerful?

I nodded.

Isn't the rush amazing?

I smiled.

Good. I've done well.

I slashed at Papyrus over and over again each one nicking his arm or leg. He tried to stop of me by sending a series bones at me, but each one Chara made me avoid or I cut down.

After about an exhilarating ten minutes I had Papyrus on his knees bleeding all over, a pool of dark red blood. Chara made me put my foot on his head getting ready to crack his skull of he tries anything, I guess.

"Not gonna beg me for mercy are we, Papyrus?" I said, one hundred percent me, no Chara influence at all.

"Heh, if your gonna k-kill me do it now. You'll be doing us both a favor, heh." Papyrus mumbled back. I grinned and shoved my knife in his deep back, all by myself. He made a pained noise and fell to the ground, directly in to the red puddle of his own blood. It was the best feeling.

I just watched as Papyrus's boney figure melted into ashes, leaving nothing but my knife and a plie of red black clothes. I bent down, picked up my knife and quickly walked away, wanting more.

Good job, puppet, now you know how great it feels to kill someone.

The rush is amazing.

Don't you see it now? Much better than letting everyone go.

Yeah.

I had a hunger inside me, a hunger to kill everything and everyone around me. I was hooked.

God, what am I getting myself into.