Chapter 29: Asgardians vs Varulv

Start from the beginning

"Then we will go by that way." Thor stated.

"How about we reword that. Don't kill each other." I suggested, flexing my fingers, feeling the metal of my claws.

"Deal." Loki spoke up before anyone could say different.

We were all aliens, technically, and warriors. We could probably snap bones if we truly wanted to. We decided that Thor and Tyndale would start off, then tag Loki or I if they needed out. We were standing in opposite corners of the mat, planning strategy.

"Make sure that you tag me if you need me to step in. None of this 'I must fight for my queen' stuff. Got it?" I gave him a stern look, which only made him chuckle.

"What?" I questioned.

"You remind me so much of my first queen." he explained, talking about my mother.

"I guess stubbornness runs in the family," I smiled, resting my hand on my hip. "Alright, so this is what I know."

I told him what weaknesses I knew about Thor while fighting. He was all brute force and strength; there was no slyness in his moves. If he came at him quick and fluent then there would be no way he could be stopped.

"They've never seen you fight before so you have that advantage." I finished.

"I will make the Varulv name proud."

I held out my fist for him to bump. He just looked at me like I was crazy.

"You're suppose to hit it." I explained.

He slapped the top of my fist with his palm and it was all I could do not to laugh. I seriously need to make a group to get him, Steve, and Thor use to Earth culture.

"Close enough," I smiled, lightly slapping his arm. "We'll work on it."

Thor and Tyndale approached the center of the mat, Steve standing on the edge to observe the match. They briefly bowed before Steve blew the whistle and they began. Tyndale was the first to strike, which honestly surprised me. He seemed more like the defense type rather than offense. This was the first time that I had seen Tyndale fight as well. Well, as a human that is. He was much more graceful than you would think of a man with his stature. He could move around a wheat field without disturbing a single grain. Tyndale was silent, swift, and always moving to make his next move. He was both calculating and sly as well as forceful and demanding.

I couldn't help the pride that welled up in my chest and shone through my eyes. Tyndale was truly a great fighter and had probably been great in my father's guard.

Thor finally landed a blow on Tyndale, causing Tyndale to shuffle back slightly. He regained his control and struck Thor across the cheek with his fist. I could have swore that I saw a gleam in Thor's eye that hinted at how dazzled he was. Thor was impressed.

Tyndale suddenly shifted into a wolf, his clothes becoming fur and his eyes turning pitch black. He lunged for Thor, latching onto his arms and staying there. Thor shook his arm, trying to pry Tyndale off of him. Tyndale finally released him, jumping back as Thor swiped at him. Thor's face and arm were bleeding. It was first time I had ever seen the Asgardian show that he actually bled.

Then Thor held his hand out, towards the door.

My eyes widened as I realized what he was doing.

"Tyndale, tag me in!" I called to him.

He shook his head, but I could hear banging around the Tower that was getting closer.

"Tyndale, now! Come here, quickly." I tried talking to him through my eyes.