Chapter 28: Warrior Wolf

Start from the beginning

"Can you understand me?" I questioned as I heard Nat whispering to Banner.

The wolf nodded again.

'Tell him to shift.' The Beast encouraged.

"Can you shift for me?" I asked lightly.

Without hesitation the wolf walked behind the couch and a tall, black man appeared in its place. He looked like he was in his late 30's or early 40's. He was very muscular and very naked.

"My Queen." he greeted me, bringing his right fist to his chest and bowing lowly.

"Umm...hello," I nodded towards him. "Steve, will you get him some clothes?"

After the man was clothed in sweats and a T-shirt, we began talking.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Tyndale, Your Majesty."

"You can call me Katherine or Kat, Tyndale." I smiled. "I'm assuming that you're Varulv."

"Yes. I was one of the few warriors that guarded the royal family directly," he paused, looking at me with happiness. "You have grown up so much, Katherine. I remember when you were just a bundle of blankets."

"Where have you been all these years?" I asked, smiling at his comment.

"On Asgard, awaiting your return. I would have come to Midgard but I did not know which time period you were sent to. All I knew was that it was in the future so I took my place on Asgard and waited. I made the Myth spread across the worlds in hope that you would hear it." he chuckled. "Thankfully you did. You came to Asgard personally and I followed you back here when I could not approach you there."

"Why now?"

Tyndale's expression darkened, "To help you with the war against the Dark Elves. I knew that once you found out the truth you would need all the help you could get. I defended you during the war then and I will do the same now."

Then it clicked.

"You were the wolf that saved me from the Elves when I ran with the Tesseract."

He nodded, "Yes, I was. I was meant to come here with you. Protect and raise you, but that did not go as planned."

He looked sad and angry with himself.

"I'm alright," I comforted him, placing my hand on his shoulder. "I was just fine on my own. I found a family and friends that stuck by me the whole way. You saved me."

"I was doing what I promised."

"Are there any more warriors? Or anyone else left?" I asked, moving my hand from his shoulder.

"Sadly, no. I have walked your kingdom too many times to count in search of any life."

"That's alright," I stated, sad that there were no other survivors. "I have you and you have me. Together we will stop the Elves from causing any others harm."

"Thank you, Katherine."

"Hey, we Varulv gotta stick together."

"How do you believe him just like that?" Natasha questioned as she helped Dr. Banner off of the floor.

I grabbed Tyndale's wrist and showed them.

"Because I have this same mark on my back."

The mark was a full moon with a wolf's paw in the center. It looked like it had been tattooed on his skin while mine was a birthmark. No way anyone who hadn't gotten very close with me knew about it.