Chapter 22: Love of a lifetime

Hiccup's POV

It has been 4 years since our high school graduation, and Astrid and I are still going strong. Both of us attended Berk University, where Astrid earned her Law degree, while I majored in Business Management. Snotlout decided to start working in his father's company after high school, and is slowly moving up. Fishlegs went on to work in the fashion industry, and is an up and coming designer. Heather, and Camicazi work as his official models. Ruffnut, and Tuffnut went on to get their teaching degrees, and are currently employed at our old high school, much to the dismay, and horror of the principal.

Astrid, and I are currently dining at our favorite restaurant for our 5 year anniversary. It was almost time for desert when the lights in the restaurant dim to a softer setting, causing the patrons to look around curiously. 'I swear by All4one' starts playing through the restaurant. I clasp the small box in my pocket, swallow my nerves, and get on bended knee in front of Astrid, whose eyebrows shot up with surprise.

"Astrid Hofferson you are the light in my life. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" I ask as I open the box containing the engagement ring.

"Yes yes, oh Gods yes." Astrid yells as she embraces me, and then kisses me as I put the ring on her finger, to the applause of the other customers, and the staff.

On our way home we decided to invite our friends to the mansion this Saturday for dinner to tell them the big news.

------Time skip---------

Saturday evening rolled around, and all of our friends, and family we happily chatting in the family room. Snotlout, and Ruffnut were happily chatting with Mrs. Hofferson, while Heather, Cami, and Matilda were busy joking with Daniel, and uncle Spitelout. Tuffnut, and Fishlegs were debating with dad about the use of glitter.

Astrid, and I went to stand together, while I cleared my voice getting everyone's attention.

"Everyone, Astrid, and I have a special announcement. Last Tuesday I asked Astrid if she wanted to marry me, and she accepted." I tell them seeing the surprise, and happiness on their faces as Astrid showed off her engagement ring.

Dad in all his excitement pulled us both in a bone crushing hug. He then proceeded to twirl Mrs. Hofferson around, while both of the merrily sang 'We're getting grandkids'. Congratulations were given by everyone, and Cami, Heather, Ruffnut, and Matilda took a closer look at my fiancés engagement ring.

"Wow, look at the size of that rock." Cami says. "Astrid you are one lucky woman."

"And it's in an ideal-cut round." Heather adds.

"That is definitely a classic." Matilda supplies.

"Your boyfriend has great taste Astrid." Ruffnut says clapping Astrid on the back.

"Mom do you want to see?" Astrid asks as she sees her mom looking at her happily.

"Sure thing princess. I did already see the ring when Hiccup came by." She says as she looks at in on Astrid's finger.

"Wait, you knew he was going to ask me?" Astrid asked surprised. She then walks over to me, and hits my shoulder.

"You never told me mom already knew." I hear her say.

"Oh honey, he came to ask me for permission to marry you. That boy was as nervous as a june bug." Mrs. Hofferson says earning laughs from the entire room.

"So when will the wedding be?" Snotlout asked.

"We were thinking in 6 months time." I answered.

"Well then we best get busy" Cami said.

"Bachelor, and bachelorette parties to plan, as well as the actual wedding." Tuffnut supplied.