Chapter 16: Winter Wonderland

Hiccup's POV

It is currently the 23rd of December, and I'm currently seated on one of the couches in the lounge with ice packs on my legs. Let's just say that you shouldn't attempt a quadruple, much less two if you haven't jumped for almost a year. I groan, which catches Astrid's attention, as she is currently seated opposite of me reading a magazine.

I hear her snort, and say "Serves you right."

Olivia soon comes by with more ice packs. "Here you go Mr. Hayden, I hope you get the feeling in your legs back soon." She tells me.

"I hope so too Olivia, I really do." I groan out, while placing the ice packs on my knees.

"Oh, and Mr. Hayden. Spectacular takedown of a certain snob." She says, and gives me a wink. "The staff has the whole thing on video."

"Astrid" I call, and watch as she looks up from her magazine. "A New Year's ball held at the hotel, I was wondering if you wished to go with me?" I ask, still nervously twiddling my thumbs.

"Of course I would love to." Astrid says as she comes over, and gives me a kiss on my cheek.

About an hour later Ruffnut, and Tuffnut come back from their activities. "You guys got to try the snowmobiles." Tuffnut says. "We had a blast."

"Sure Tuffnut, once I have the feeling in my legs back." I supplied.

"We didn't even know you could figure skate. How did you learn?" Ruffnut asks as she sees the others approaching.

"How is the champ?" Snotlout asks giving my leg a pat.

"Sore" Was all I said as I shot him a glare.

"Hiccup was just going to tell us how he learned figure skating." Ruffnut supplied.

"Oh that's easy. Aunt Valhallarama." Snotlout interjects.

"Yeah mom, she was also known as Valka. She almost went to the Olympics if not for her injury." I tell them. "She never stopped skating, and taught me most of the techniques."

As I was telling them about mom I see Simons entering the lounge, and pointing at our group. Dad comes around the corner, and waves.

"Dad! You're a day early." I say happy to see him, yet sore enough not to move.

"Thought I'd surprise you lads." Dad says happily, and motions for the others to enter.

I see Daniel, and Matilda, along with Mrs. Hofferson trailing behind.

"Mom" Astrid shouts happily, and goes to hug her.

"Ah, Henry I heard you caused some mouths to drop yesterday." Daniel says playfully.

"Yes son, Simons was kind enough to forward us the video." Dad supplied. "So what are you all up to?"

"Well I was telling them about mom, because they asked where I learned to skate." I tell him, and watch as dad's eyes light up.

"Ah Valka, the first time we met was on the ice." Dad reminisces.

"You were also a figure skater?" Heather asks with a skeptical look.

"Ah no lass, she had me try a jump when we were dating, almost broke the ice. I was a hockey player." Dad answers.

"One side of the ring was designated for Hockey, while the other side had figure skating practice. Now your mom slipped on one of her loops, and send her falling. Right into my arms." Dad says with a happy smile. "The rest you lot can figure out."

Just as we were happily sitting, and chatting with some Mile High chocolate cake that Olivia brought over, I see Jacqueline and her pose along with an older man approach. "That's them daddy!!" She says to the man, and points to us. "He is the rude guy from the restaurant, and that witch over there hurt Bradley!!" Jacqueline points to both me, and Astrid who looks about ready to throttle her.

I see the man who is now identified as call over Simons.

"I want this riff raff removed from the premises for their behavior." He tells Simons, and points to us. "They have been rude to my daughter, and that she-devil also hurt my Bradley."

"How dare you call my son, and his girlfriend riff raff." Dad stand looking red faced.

"Mr. Vanderstone if anyone is to be removed from the premises it would be your daughter's group." Ollie says, coming up to us with his wife from behind Mr. Vanderstone.

"Who dares.........." Mr. Vanderstone stops mid sentence as his eyes widen. "Sir, what are......"

Ollie holds up a hand, and Mr. Vanderstone became quiet. "Your daughter, and son show a severe lack of manners. You accuse that young man of being rude to your daughter, but she was in the wrong, yelling at the staff in the restaurant wanting to immediately get her way."

"Daddy you seriously aren't going to believe this old man are you?" Jacqueline says, and gives her father a pout.

"Jacqueline will you shut up!!" her father tells her. "Do you have any Idea who this is?"

"Oh right I should introduce myself. So much for anonymity. Jacqueline I'm Oliver Powers, and this is my lovely wife Monica. I am currently busy planning a merger, with your father's company. A merger that I am seriously rethinking." Ollie tells us all, and causes Mr. Vanderstone to pale.

"Now Mr. Powers I'm sure we can work something out. There seemed to have been some misunderstanding. But a matter remains unresolved. My son was injured by the lady over there." Mr. Vanderstone said as he points to Astrid trying to salvage the situation.

"Mr. Vanderstone I also witnessed that altercation, and I can tell you sir that the lady in question had every right to do that to your son. He harassed her in front of a great many witnesses including her boyfriend, and made a suggestive remark." Ollie continues.

"Mr. Vanderstone I had to order the male wait staff to attend to your son, because I was getting news from the female staff about his behavior towards them." Simons interjects.

"Simons I want their group off the premises, and banned from the resort." Dad says.

"You can't ban us!! Do you have any idea who I am? I am the CEO of Lutt Corp!!" Mr. Vanderstone said haughtily. "Who are you to decide that."

Dad simply smirks. "I'm Stoick Haddock, and the owner of this resort, and the two teens you just accused happen to be my son, and future daughter in-law." After dad's statement the whole Vanderstone group which had come to see the commotion stood shell shocked, and for once it was Astrid who was doing a remarkable impression of a tomato.

"Mr. Vanderstone, you may want to close your mouth, you'll catch flies." Simons said as he motioned for security to escort them out.

"Mr. Haddock a pleasure." Ollie says shaking dad's hand. "I thought I recognized you."

He then looks at me. "I assume this is your son."

"Quite a remarkable lad you got, I was certainly out of my seat from surprise when he pulled off his routine on the ice." Ollie said chuckling. "And don't worry about it young man, we all wanted a bit of anonymity." Ollie chuckles.

"Well Ollie, Mona, you're more than welcome to join us." Dad, and I accidently say in unison, which earns a few chuckles from the group.