Chapter 11: Dining in

Astrid's POV

The limo that picked us up dropped by the dorms to pick up Heather, and Cami, then we preceded to go get the twins.

"So guys, will your familiars be coming to?" Ruffnut asks once she is seated in the car.

"Yeah, ours will be flying to the mansion." Tuffnut says taking a seat next to Camicazi who I noticed started to blush.

"I told Stromfly to meet us there." I replied, and turned towards Heather, and Cami.

"Shimmer was grumpy the entire day, and decided to go sleep early" Cami said. "There is new changewing staying in the dorm stables, and has been trying to impress her all week."

"Windshear is more the solitary type. She was sitting in my living room watching reruns of Gilligan's Island when I left for Cami's place." Heather tells us.

"Heather that dragon of yours has the strangest habits." Cami states.

"Aren't we supposed to be picking up Fishlegs, and Henry?" I ask the driver as I see him stopping in front of the mansion's gates.

"Not to worry Miss. They are already here." The driver states as the big iron gates open.

We are driven to the front door of the mansion. Just as the car comes to a stop I see Stormfly, and a Zippleback land. The driver opens the car door for us, and we step out into the cool night air.

"Wow, this place seems bigger now." Tuffnut exclaims.

The mansion's doors are opened, and we see Daniel. 'The driver must have rung the bell.' I thought.

"Good evening, ladies and gentleman." Daniel greets us.

"Evening" Was heard from all of us.

"For those who do not know me yet, I am Daniel. The Haddocks personal butler." He introduces.

He ushers us inside, and then indicated for us to give our overnight bags to the maids.

"I see some of you brought your familiars." All the merrier.

Ruffnut, and Tuffnut introduce Barf and Belch, their Zippleback, while I introduce Stormfly.

"What a beautiful Nadder Miss Astrid." Daniel says. "Her scales are so shiny."

Stormfy perked up at the first compliment, and took a closer look at Daniel as if she was assessing him. When Daniel complimented her scales I thought she would lick the man. (vain reptile)

Daniel shows us the large area filled with giant cushions, and balls of all sizes, where I see a Monstrous Nightmare napping, and a Gronkle playing with a sleek black dragon.

"Is that?" I turn, and ask Daniel.

"Yes Miss Astrid. That is a Night Fury. The young master calls him Toothless." Daniel responds.

Upon seeing the room both Stormfly, and Barf and Belch happily joined the other dragons.

We are then led to the dining room, where I see Henry, Fishlegs, and Snotlout waiting. The girls, and I stopped, and took a good look at Henry. He wasn't wearing any baggy clothes, but a form-fitting green sweater with black skinny jeans that left little to the imagination. At this point us four girls are staring at him in shock. Cami was the first to snap out of it. "Damn Henry looking good." To which heather, and I both nodded.

Ruffnut even let out a wolf-whistle.

Henry was doing a marvelous impression of a strawberry from the looks the girls, and I were giving him.

Fishlegs had a proud look on his face, and Snotlout just sighed.

The doors to the dining room were opened, and in came Mr. Haddock.

"Greetings everybody, how are you all this evening? I hope Hiccup has kept you entertained." He says, the last line directed at Henry.

"Oh my God dad!! I haven't even told them yet." Henry says with exasperation.

The dining room had fallen silent. Then came the sudden outburst.

"DAD!!!!!" The girls, and Tuffnut yelled looking from Mr. Haddock to Henry, and back again.

I noticed that Fishlegs, Snotlout, and my mom were unusually calm. 'They knew' Was the only thing I was thinking.

"Oops" Mr. Haddock says looking sheepish.

"Well now that the cat's out of the bag may I introduce my son Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the 3rd." He states.

Soon the room erupted in laughter. We weren't mad at Henry for not telling us. We were laughing at his real name.

"Hiccup. Your real name is Hiccup?" Cami asked. She received a nod.

"Your middle is Horrendous?" Ruff and Tuff asked holding their sides from all the laughter. They also receive a nod.

"and there were 2 more people with the same name?" Heather asked. She also received a nod.

"You, and Snotlout are cousins?" I asked incredulously not seeing the resemblance. Another nod.

"You guys aren't mad?" Hiccup asked.

"Nah man. You probably had your reasons." Tuffnut of all people said.

"I'm sure Hiccup will tell you all the story later. For now let's enjoy dinner." Mr. Haddock tells us.

Dinner was a pleasant affair. Mr. Haddock even filled mom in on what happened in Oslo.

"And there wouldn't have been extra security measures if not for your daughter, and the twins." Mr. Haddock finished.

Mom gives me a look. "Well you were certainly determined. Sneaking onto the mansion grounds."

"And walking into the moat." Tuffnut happily adds.

My cheeks began to redden.

"Now I wish I could have seen that." Mom says giving me a smirk.

"Mrs. Hofferson I happen to have it all on video." Daniel tells us happily. "I would be more than happy to give you a copy for later."

"What!! How?" I ask, my cheeks reddening.

"The grounds have hidden cameras." Hiccup supplies.

As dinner was ending Mr. Haddock cleared his throat.

"I just have one more order of business before I'll leave you kids to your fun." As he turned to my mother. "Mrs. Hofferson I hear you used to be a bio-chemist for my brothers company. What I was wondering was if you would like to work directly within the labs of Haddock Industries. We could use your expertise."

"Your offering me a job?" Mom asks astonished.

"Yes, we have an opening, and you have the necessary qualifications." He states.

My mom is rendered speechless.

"Oh my, Yes, of course. I want to work in a lab again." Mom is near tears, and she nearly hugs Mr. Haddock.

"Then we will finalize the contract next week, if that is ok with you." He asks to which my mom nods.

After dinner mom heads back home, while Hiccup's dad excuses himself. Before she left she whispered in my ear "Go get him honey". Unbeknownst to me Hiccup's dad told him the same thing.

We all turn to Hiccup.

"I'm guessing it's explanation time?" He asks.