Prologue

It was the year 2058 when synthetic blood was first developed. This development in medical science resulted in cures for various illnesses thought to be incurable. But the invention of synthetic blood also resulted in something else. Vampires.

Vampires, beings thought to be only myths came out of hiding, and wanted to join human society. The creation of synthetic blood was a godsend to them, because they didn't need to drink directly from humans anymore.

But like most societies there will always be discontent. Vampires who did not want to let go of the old ways, and humans who feared vampires.

By 2060 vampires had become part of human society, but were still treated as second class citizens due to human paranoia. It did not help that rogue factions of vampires would attack humans to feed.

Another party that was discontent were the hunters association. A guild of vampire hunters who for the last four decades stayed in the shadows exterminating vampires. They were now only needed to hunt down the rogue vampire factions, which caused problems in society.

Haddock Industries, which controlled more than halve the world's corporations decided that because of both the praise, and disdain for the creation of synthetic blood by humans, and vampires alike, that its creator would remain anonymous.

Haddock Industries also made synthetic blood an affordable commodity, earning them the ire of the hunters, and the gratitude of the vampires.

The year is now 2061, and our story begins in the city of Berk, home of Haddock Industries, and a certain girl, whose life will change forever.     

This is a work of fan fiction using characters from the How to train your dragon world, which is trademarked by DreamWorks Animation L.L.C. and originally written by Cressida Cowell, and I do not claim any ownership over them or make any money from them. This story is for entertainment only and is not part of the official storyline.