Chapter 6: Uh-Oh!

Astrid's POV

Tuffnut managed to pull me out of the water. Now I was sopping wet, and freezing. "Who builds a moat these days." I mutter.

"You got to admit. It is effective." Tuffnut smirks.

"Tuffnut..." I say when my shoulder is tapped.

"Uh, guys." Ruffnut comments.

I turn to her, and she points to the moat that had been empty only moments before. Now we are staring at the very angry faces of a Scauldron, and a Thunder drum.

"I think we're busted." I hear from Ruffnut.

We put our hands up to show the dragons we mean no harm. They calm somewhat, and motion for us to begin walking. We are led to the main entrance where a man in a tuxedo, and 3 guards are waiting.

"Hmm, when Sigurn sounded the alarm, I had suspected older intruders." The man comments as he pats the scauldrons head. "Guards, escort them out. You are lucky that we won't press charges."

"Wait, please wait" I shout. "We came here to warn you but the guards wouldn't listen to us."

"Yeah, we even went to your headquarters." Tuffnut interjects.

"Warn us. Warn us about what?" The man is now interested.

"It's about some group wanting to harm the Haddocks." Ruffnut quickly speaks.

"I assure you my employers are fine." The man tells us.

"They are at a conference right now, aren't they?" I ask. The man is clearly caught off guard. "Explain" Is all he says.

"I heard some guys talking in the bar and grill that I work in. They said that the Haddocks had been a thorn in their side for a while now, and wouldn't be a problem soon. That they'd grab them at the conference, and they would go out with a bang." I tell the man. "They also mentioned that their best were on the job, and something about equal rights."

The man is looking actually surprised. "Very well miss. I shall contact the Haddocks, and relay your concerns." The man gives us a sincere smile. "What troubles me is that they know about that conference. The itinerary must have been leaked." He mumbles.

"Oh, do forgive me. I'm Daniel. The Haddock's personal butler." He introduces.

"Well, I'm Astrid, and these are the twins Ruffnut and Tuffnut."

"Astrid hmm" The butler comments.

"Is there something wrong?" I ask.

"Oh, nothing miss. Simply thinking out loud." I swear I saw a smirk on that man's face as he said it.

"You really believe us?" Tuffnut asks.

"Yes, I'd have to. Especially since you brought up the conference. Only select individuals know where the Haddocks currently are."

"If you excuse me. I have a few calls to make. A car will take you three home. There shall be warm cloths for miss Astrid in there, and if there ever is anything we can do for you, all you need to do is ask." The man says, and hurries back into the mansion.

Soon a stretch limo rolls up to us, and a driver opens the door.

"No way" Tuffnut exclaims in surprise.

The driver merely nods, and motions for us to step inside.

We give the driver our addresses, and are soon back in our comfortable beds.

The next morning, which is luckily a Saturday, I flick on the news. The headlines on the news channels read 'EXPLOSIVES FOUND NEAR THE HADDOCK HOTEL IN OSLO', 'ASSASSINATION PLOT FOILED', 'BOMBERS AT OSLO CONFERENCE'.

'This couldn't be.' I think to myself.