Chapter 8: Deal or no Deal

Hiccup's POV

I'm snuggling my very warm, very fluffy pillows in bed when suddenly I am awoken by none other than Toothless, who is pulling me out of bed by the back of my pajamas.

"AAAHH!! Toothless let me go!!!" I yell now suddenly awake. "Useless reptile" I mumble.

"Master Hiccup, finally awake I see" I turn my head, and see Daniel standing in the doorframe.

"Good work Toothless." Was all he says, and heads back out the room. "You best make haste Young Master. Wouldn't want to be late for school." I hear him say from the corridor.

'Oh, no. I forgot that today is Monday.' I hurry getting ready, still feeling a little jetlagged. As I enter the dining room I see that dad is already finished with breakfast.

"Son, I was thinking of inviting your friends over for dinner on Saturday." He tells me.

"Yeah dad. That'll be great. I think it's time they knew. Especially after that incident." I reply taking some toast to eat underway.

"I also want to invite Astrid's mother. I have a proposition for her. Maybe you kids can turn it into a sleepover."

"Master Hiccup, maybe you will finally get the chance to ask Miss Astrid out." Daniel happily interjects.

"Daniel I do believe that is a splendid idea." I hear dad say.

"You guys, seriously! Do you have to play matchmaker?" I can't help but ask, a blush slowly creeping up on my face.

"Son, I'm not getting any younger. I would like to see some grandchildren in the coming years." My father simply states.

"YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY!" I yell, and run towards my car completely red faced.

------------Time Skip------

As I enter the cafeteria I see Astrid sitting with Snotlout, and he has his arm around her waist. I look to my friends with a 'What-The-Heck' look, but they simply shrug their shoulders.

Astrid's POV

As I make my way through the school corridor I notice Snotlout approach me.

"Hey babe" He says to me wiggling his eyebrows.

"Don't call me babe" I tell him, and begin to walk away.

"Want to go on a date with me babe? I know you can't resist me." He continues to follow me.

I turn towards him glaring now "I told you not to call me babe, and I won't date you."

"I'm sure you don't mean that. How can you resist all this?" Snotlout asks as he strikes a bodybuilder pose.

"We can go have some fun on the yacht. Now why not drop the 'hard to get' act, and be my girl." He says suggestively.

"I wouldn't want to be your girl, if you were the last boy on the planet!" I yell at him.

As I turn to walk away my arm is suddenly grabbed, and I'm yanked back against the lockers.

"I think you will Astrid. You don't want me to ruin you." He tells me in a whisper.

"If you haven't notice my life hasn't been so great recently. I doubt you could do worse." I reply trying to let him go of my arm.

"You know that 2 bedroom apartment you, and your mom live in. Well my dad owns the building. It would be so sad to see them kick you out." I hear him sneer.

"Don't be a jerk Snotlout." I say still trying to get my arm free.

"Now now babe, all you have to do is be my girl." Snotlout takes out his phone as he says this. "What happens now is up to you." I see his father's contact information on the screen.

'Mom, and I would have nowhere to go if that happened' I can't help but think. Our other family members wouldn't lift a finger, because we got turned into vampires.

"Fine" I mumble.

"See, that wasn't so hard. Remember Astrid, I always get what I want." He whispers putting his phone back in his pocket while releasing my arm, and then says loudly enough to be heard "See you at lunch babe."

-------Time skip---------

When lunch rolled around Snotlout put his hand around my waist, and let me to his table, making a big show of it. I've been sitting with him for 5 minutes, and already want to break his nose, and every other bone in his body.

I notice Henry walking into the cafeteria, and excuse myself to go to the restroom. On my way out I bump my shoulder against Henry's, and he takes the hint, and follows after me.

I keep walking, heading for the direction of my locker as Henry catches up with me.

"Astrid, why were you sitting with Snotlout's hand on your waist? I thought you hated him flirting with you?" He asks walking beside me.

I stop, and turn towards him, a sad look in my eyes. "I had no other choice" I mumble, but he still hears me.

"What do you mean you had no other choice?" Henry now asks curiously.

"He told me his father owns the building mom, and I live in, and then said I would have to date him if we didn't want to get kicked out" I grab Henry's shirt in desperation.

I see something flash in Henry's eyes. He then tries to calm me down. "Don't worry Astrid. Everything will be ok." He hugs me, and I realize I've been crying the entire time.

"Look I don't want you to worry, but I can assure you everything will be fine." I nod as he says this.