Chapter 9: Exposed

Astrid's POV

There is only one word to describe me after I came home from my shift. 'Exhausted'. The whole thing with Snotlout has me on edge, yet Henry's assurances have calmed me down somewhat. I never told anyone that I have had a slight (huge) crush on Henry ever since the 6th grade, when he was the only one in class who wouldn't put up with Snotlout's boasting. That's also why I don't like seeing him being picked on.

I was flopped on the couch when mom came home from work. She immediately noticed that something was wrong.

"Honey, what's wrong? You don't usually just stare at a wall." She asked.

'Was I really staring at the wall the entire time?' I thought. 'Yes, I was.'

"Mom, we may have a problem." I say, and proceed to tell her about school.

"Well I ever. The nerve of that boy." Mom said angrily. "I might just go down to your school, and give that boy a piece of my mind."

"Mom, that will probably make it worse." I say desperately trying to calm her down. "Henry told me everything would work out, and I believe him."

"This Henry was one of the boys who visited you in the hospital right. The one you have a crush on." She ask.

"Mom!! I don't...." I begin.

"Honey, I wouldn't be much of a mother if I didn't know which boy my daughter was crushing on." I hear mom state.

"Now that young man I wouldn't mind having as a son in-law."

"MOM!!!! Oh my gosh!!" I yell, desperately trying to hide the red tint on my cheeks.

"Well honey, I do want some grandkids." Mom simply states.

"Mom, I'm going to play fetch with Stormfly." I inform her, and hurry away from that awkward situation.

---------Time skip-------------

The following morning I wearily go to school. Winter is approaching, as the trees have almost no leaves left, and the air is getting colder. When I get to school, Snotlout comes to stand beside me with his arm around my waist. He is bragging again about some winter retreat he will bring his friends to. I see Heather, and Camicazi out of the corner of my eye. They look as if they wanted to throttle Snotlout. I guess they figured out that something is wrong. Henry, Fishlegs, and the twins have walked up next to them. I quickly shake my head at them telling them not to interfere, and I see Henry giving me a reassuring smile. Something tells me this day may not end so bad.

----------Time skip-------

Lunch time rolled around, and I am once again seated at Snotlout's table. He actually tried to kiss me between periods this morning. That ended up with my math book shoved in his face. What catches my attention is seeing Cami, and Heather in their cheerleading outfits sitting with my other friends. The doors to the cafeteria burst open just as lunch was halfway through.

"SNOTLOUT HILBERT JORGENSON YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE!!!" Was yelled by one of the large men that entered the cafeteria.

"Dad, Uncle, what are.... Eh... both of you doing here?" Snotlout asks timidly after almost choking on his sandwich.

By now everyone's attention was on the developing scene, when I noticed a woman holding a frying pan behind the two men.

"MOM!!"

Hiccup's POV

After school I ended up heading straight to my dad's office. I had the car park in the underground parking lot, and took the executive elevator, which directly goes to the top floors. Matilda, dad's secretary spotted me when I neared the office. "Good afternoon Hiccup, your dad is still in a meeting." She tells me. "maybe for another two hours. Can I get you anything."