Chapter 20: Festivities

Hiccup's POV

The school year passed fairly quickly, and soon all of us would be leaving to either attend college, or finding a job. But the event that was the most nerve wracking of all wasn't graduation, oh no. It was Senior Prom. Even though I now have a girlfriend, I'm still nervous about asking her to Prom.

"Dude chill." Tuffnut said clapping me on the back.

"That's easy for you to say. You guys set the bar high." I say, and send an accusing glare towards the guys who were lounging under the oak tree.

"Don't worry cuz, you'll do fine." Snotlout said offhandedly.

"Says the one who had the football team spell out 'Will you go to the Prom with me Ruffnut' on the field." I retort.

"Or Fishlegs who serenaded Heather in front of the whole school, or you Tuffnut who drafted a marching band." I ask lifting my eyebrow. "Tuffnut how exactly did you convince the principal to allow a marching band in the school?"

"Well dude, I simply told him that this was my last year as a student, and he would probably never see me or my sister again." Tuffnut said. "He was more than happy to allow it."

I look at my watch. It's almost time. I see Astrid, and the girls walking through the school gates. I straighten my shirt, and grab the bouquet of pale pink lilies, Astrid's favorite flowers, and begin to walk towards them.

"Good Morning M'lady." I tell her while giving her the bouquet.

"Henry these are lovely. You remembered my favorite. What's the occasion?"She asked curiously.

I lead her to the open courtyard. "Well M'lady has to look up for that answer" I tell her while pointing towards the sky.

I see Astrid look up, and gasp because in the sky a plane was writing for all to see 'Astrid will you go to the Prom with me? Love H-'

She turns to me, her look of surprise morphs into one of happiness, as she lets out a giggle. "Of course I would love to go to the Prom with you, you hopeless romantic." Was all she said as she proceeded to passionately kiss me.

--------Time skip--------

After school I dash through the house towards my dad's study. "Dad dad dad dad dad!!!!" I yell slightly out of breath as I open the doors to see Daniel who is also in the study serving tea.

"Son, slow down. What has gotten you all hyper?" My dad asks taking a sip of his tea.

"I asked Astrid to the Prom today, and she said yes." I tell them.

"Congrats son." Dad says while Daniel cracks a smile.

"So I was wondering for Prom night if I could borrow 'THAT'?" I ask seriously.

I hear my dad chuckle, and tell me "Sure son. You only get one Prom."

"Thanks dad." I yell happily, and give him a hug.

While I'm exiting the study I could hear Daniel tell dad "Pay up sir, you lost this one."

I turn around, and walk right back in the study " NO MORE BET'S ON MY LOVE LIFE!!" I shout while glaring at both of the 'grown' men.

"Well....uh...about ...that." dad says looking nervous.

"Come on, dad spit it out" I order him.

"We-may-or-may-not-have-already-made-all-the-bets" Dad, and Daniel say in unison.

"What??? Say it slower" I tell them trying to sound calm.

"We already made all the bets we needed to make." Daniel replies.