Chapter 19: Fun in the sun

Astrid's POV

After the events with the hunters things slowly settled down once again. Valentine's day came, and passed with many surprises. Hiccup took me on a picnic near a lake, horseback riding, and a drive in horror movie. Although it was he who was jumping in my arms then. Ruffnut, Tuffnut, and Stoick had decided to play matchmaker by locking Daniel, and Matilda up in a supply closet. Those two have been dating ever since.

It is now already March, and the second day of the Easter holidays. The twins decided that today would be beach day. We arrived at the beach at 10 in the morning, avoiding the midday crowd.

"Why don't we find a place while you girls get changed." Fishlegs suggested while looking for the perfect spot.

"Yeah, we'll change after." Hiccup says biting his lip.

"Come on girls, let's knock those boys socks off." Cami says with a smirk as we near the changing room.

As I finished putting on my new black, and white bikini I heard Cami's gleeful exclamation of "Guy's check out Ruff!!!"

We all gathered around outside the changing rooms to get a look at Ruffnut who was wearing a dark blue halter triangle bikini.

"Well Ruff you will certainly leave Snotlout speechless." I comment.

"Damn, Astrid you also went for the bikini." Heather comments while slipping on her hat, and sunglasses, and showing off her light green one piece backless swimsuit. Cami also had a one piece, but with a floral pattern.

We decided to give the boys a show as we walked to them. Their reactions were priceless. Snotlout was having trouble closing his jaw as he could not stop gazing at Ruffnut, Tuffnut was eying Cami with every step she took, and both Fishlegs, and Hiccup where looking flustered, and started stammering.

"Wow, y...you l..look.. gor...gorgeous.. A..Astr..Astrid." I hear Hiccup stammer out., while I see Fishlegs snapping his fingers in front Snotlout a couple of times.

"G..Guys, co..come on. Let's get changed." Fishlegs says while pushing Snotlout, and Tuffnut in the direction of the changing rooms, with Hiccup trailing behind. I notice him stealing glances at me, and can't help but blush a little.

"Hey, girls look what I got." Ruffnut yells happily as she pulls a pair of binoculars out of her bag.

Hiccup's POV

When our girlfriends returned in their swimwear we all were mesmerized. 'Damn Astrid looked hot.' I can't help but think. She actually caught me staring.

Soon we near the changing rooms, and quickly slip into our swim trunks. I was the last one out as I saw Snotlout showing off his muscles to Tuffnut, and Fishlegs who had their backs turned to me.

Snotlout noticed me, and stopped what he was doing to stare. "Damn" was his only statement, which caused the others to also look in my direction.

Tuffnut was the first to comment. "Dude, is that a six pack!!" He said as he poked my stomach.

"Hiccup, is this what you were nervous about, because Snotlout is right.... Damn." Fishlegs said getting a good look. "Why would you hide all that under baggy clothes?" He asks curiously.

"I guess it was just habit, and well I have no idea how Astrid will react. She only saw me in my school clothes or that outfit you picked out for dinner. Never just like...." I trailed off gesturing to myself.

"Cuz, trust me when I say. You got nothing to worry about." Snotlout says, and promptly claps me on the shoulder.

"Hey, when did you get a tattoo?" Snotlout asked as he noticed my Night Fury tattoo on my right shoulder blade. Now the others wanted to have a look as well.

"Got it during junior year." I state earning incredulous looks from my friends.

"Didn't your dad freak?" Tuffnut asked.

"Nah, he said I could get tattoos, and piercings if I wanted to, as long as I keep my grades up, don't do drugs, and drink responsibly." I answer, and see Snotlout's shocked face.

"Dude, uncle Stoick is like the coolest ever." Snotlout says.

"Well he would be a hypocrite if he forbade the whole tattoo thing. He has a couple himself." I simply state, while starting to walk back to the girls with the others following.

Astrid's POV

Cami, and I were chatting, while Heather was blowing up her beach ball, when Ruffnut who was using her binoculars suddenly exclaimed. "Damn Astrid, your boyfriend is HOT!!!!"

I turn her, and see her adjusting the zoom. I quickly decide to grab the binoculars to see what Ruff meant. As I got a good look at Hiccup in his swim trunks I couldn't help but agree. "Who knew that he was hiding all that." I mumble, and notice a tapping on my shoulder. I look over to see that when I had taken the binoculars I had failed to notice the strap around Ruffnut's neck which I was currently pulling towards me. I quickly apologize, while Heather, and Cami take the opportunity to take a look.

"Damn is that a six pack?" Cami asked trying to adjust the zoom. Heather then takes a look herself. "Forget the six pack, is that a tattoo?" Was what she asked.

Needless to say we tried to hide the binoculars as we saw the boys approaching, and to act casually, both of which we failed.

Hiccup ended up explaining to us his appearance as he rubbed sunblock on my back. The rest of the day passed quickly as we were having so much fun. Snotlout decided to go sunbathing only to end up falling asleep, and at the mercy of Heather, and Cami who decided to bury all but his head in sand, and give him a mermaid tail.

The twins went surfing, while Hiccup, and I simply floated in the water enjoying each other's company. We also enjoyed a number of popsicles, and had a sand sculpture contest. Snotlout being the surprising winner with his leaning tower of Pisa sculpture.

The day ended with us happily heading back to Hiccup's house for a movie night, and another sleepover.