Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

***

The morning sickness had kicked in. Brooke was on her knees once again, emptying the contents of her stomach.

Jewell had moved in with Brooke, at Brooke's request, although she insisted on chipping in with the bills.

Brooke was now confirmed to be nine weeks pregnant, with twins. Their sexes were still to be determined.

Brooke groaned and she attempted to stand up.

"Come on!" Jewell hauled her best friend to her feet. "You need to be ready by one!"

"It's eleven!" Brooke snapped harshly, slapping at Jewell's hand.

"Which means you have two hours to look fantastic!"

The reality if the situation dawned on Brooke.

Harry's coming come. He's finally coming home.

"You go get ready. I'll take a shower and we can get started on makeup and stuff," Brooke said with a sigh.

Jewell nodded and went down the hall to the guest room, which she was currently occupying.

After peeling off her back t-shirt and sweats, Brooke hopped into the shower. She shampooed and conditioned, afterwards brushing her teeth and washing her face.

She quickly blow dried her hair, slipped on her underwear, covered herself in a towel, and made her way into her bedroom, where Jewell was waiting.

Brooke tossed the towel aside and pulled on a pair of elegant black leggings, allowing herself both beauty and comfort.

"I can't believe you're pregnant," Jewell sighed, poking Brooke's prominent bump. "The baby bump is getting big pretty fast."

Brooke swatted her away playfully and smiled. "Well, there are two in here."

Jewell chuckled. "Anyway. Choose a top."

Jewell had lain out a few options for Brooke to wear to the airport. Brooke chose a plain navy tank with ruffles at the bottom. For jewelry, she wore an Anne Klein watch and a silver cross necklace. Jewell tied Brooke's long brown hair into a graceful high ponytail, and applied minimal makeup, using foundation to cover up a few stress pimples that had made themselves visible.

"Violá." Jewell said softly, backing up to allow Brooke to view herself in the mirror.

Brooke was shocked at the glamorous transformation. "Wow," she breathed. "Thanks, Jewell." Brooke got up and hugged her friend.

Jewell squeezed Brooke tight, inwardly dreading the day that she'd have to tell her best friend that she was moving back to America.

***

Harry anxiously looked out the window as the plane gracefully slithered to a halt. He practically jumped out of his seat, unable to contain his excitement at finally seeing Brooke again. Niall followed more slowly.

"Cheer up, Niall. You'll get to see your girl."

"I want her to be more than my girl." Niall's reply was so faint that Harry picked it up, although it wasn't news to Harry. Niall had voiced his dilemmas while they were in Australia.

He dragged his hand luggage behind him as he hurried through the tunnel.

Suddenly he was out the door. And then he saw her.

She looked gorgeous. Radiant. One hand was unconsciously on her swollen belly as she anxiously peered through the crowd, trying to catch a glimpse of him.

She dropped her handbag as she saw him, hurrying to greet him. Harry met her halfway.

There was no need for words; the couple's relief at being together was expressed through the long kiss that they shared, blind to the camera flashes and paparazzi.

"I missed you so much." Brooke sighed, pulling away from the passionate kiss.

"I've missed you more." Harry replied, resting his chin atop her head. Brooke took hold of his hands and placed them on the growing bump on her stomach.

Time seemed to have stopped.

All at once, the questions came flying from every direction.

"Brooke, how long have you been pregnant?"

"Boy or girl?"

"When are you due?"

Brooke ignored the incessant pestering, instead searching Harry's eyes.

"We're having kids," he whispered. Joy was evident in his voice; his eyes lit up.

Brooke allowed tears of happiness to spill down her cheeks. "We're having kids," she echoed.

***

Jewell awkwardly stared down at her Vans as Brooke and Harry had their reunion.

She barely noticed as Niall approached her.

"Hey," he said quietly.

"Hey. How was your tour?"

Niall shrugged. "Okay, I guess."

This is ridiculous, Jewell fumed inwardly. We dated for months, and now we cat even talk to each other properly!

"I like your shoes," Jewell blurted, then blushed at noticing such a trivial thing. Niall wore navy Vans, the same pair that she had on.

Niall smiled widely. "I like yours."

Jewell cheeks remains a prudent shade of red. Unfortunately, she'd only just touched the layer of the ice that she would need to break.

"Well, I should say hi to the rest of the guys," Jewell rushed.

"I'll come with," Niall offered immoderately. "To say hi to Brooke."

Niall and Jewell started towards the group, where Brooke was hugging each of the boys hello and they were congratulating her on the twins.

They turned to her as she approached.

"Jewell!" Harry exclaimed, leaning towards her for a hug. She greeted all the boys.

"Well, we should all probably get going," Brooke said as she examined her watch. "But let's arrange dinner for sometime this week, yes?"

Everyone nodded in agreement.

_______________________________________________________________

It's been way too long! So sorry!! Ugh I wrote this in like 30mins.

Tell me what you think!

Vote and comment!

Love you, babe.

Belle xx