Chapter Four

Chapter Four:

***

"Daddy!"

Brooke flung herself at her father. Dr. William Warrener was an average man; he hovered at about six foot and had a full head of thick brown hair, while Lisa Warrener, Brooke's mother, was about five foot ten, 130 lbs, and had styled her strawberry blonde hair into a French braid.

They were a strong couple; Brooke had never once in her entire life heard them yell at each other. Her father was a hardworking man; when Brooke was growing up, the Internist was often doing paperwork at his self-owned clinic or with a patient with a hospital. He had often returned at about two in the morning only to be woken four hours later to return to work.

"Yorkie!" her father spread his arms wide and enveloped her into a warm hug. Brooke was named after Brooklyn, the city in New York where her parents first met; therefore he called her Yorkie.

"I've missed you so much, Daddy!"

Lisa cleared her throat.

"Mom, I just saw you, like, a few months ago!"

Lisa smiled. "Well, does that mean that I don't get a hug?"

Brooke released her father and latched onto her mother, the familiar smell of ChanelNO5 washing over her.

Suddenly, Brooke pulled back. "You aren't supposed to be here until next week, the wedding is in two weeks."

Lisa didn't even blink. "I know."

Brooke glanced at her father. "Clarity, please?"

"Your mom and I wanted to be with you," he said with a smile.

Brooke covered up her suspicion witha sincere smile.

"Well, we should be getting back to the hotel. It was very nice meeting you, Harry," William shook his hand.

They left back to the hotel.

As soon as the door was closed, Brooke slapped Harry's shoulder. "Why didn't you tell me that they were here?"

Harry pouted playfully. "I wanted to surprise you."

Brooke smiled. "I love you."

"I know."

Harry got slapped on the shoulder again.

***

"I can't wait until this damn wedding is over with," Brooke declared to her bridesmaids. Harry was out, so she invited the girls over for poker night.

"I'll drink to that!" Drunk Jewell yelled, raising her sixth glass of Smirnoff Strawberry Sorbet.

Brooke suspected that she and Perrie were the only two out of the five that weren't drunk out of their minds.

Actually, they were all drunk out of their minds.

"This wedding shit is taking over my life," Brooke slurred. "My freaking parents decided to come a freaking week early. Are you freaking shitting me?"

Danielle, who was on Brooke's right, slurred in response. "At least you've got us and vodka."

"This isn't vodka!" Perrie shrieked with laughter. "It's sorbet, Dani!"

Eleanor giggled hysterically. "I used to think Spain was in South America," she laughed loudly, snorting.

"Why is that?" Jewell asked her, obviously not giving a rat's ass about her answer.

"Because," Eleanor told her, a duh tone ringing in her voice. "All the other Spanish speaking countries are in South America!"

"Except for Mexico, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea – "

"I get it!" Eleanor snapped.

"This is fucking boring." Danielle dropped her cards.

"Whaddaya wanna do?" Perrie's words ran together.

"Who cares?"

"Not me!" Brooke shrieked shrilly before exploding into laughter.

***

When Harry returned from Liam's house the next morning, he couldn't stop laughing at the sight in front of him.

Brooke, Jewell, Eleanor, Danielle, and Perrie were strewn over the floor, all of them sleeping.

Harry's booming laughter caused the five girls to jolt awake.

"Shut up!" Perrie hissed.

Harry ignored her and snapped a picture of them, sending it to the ready of the boys in a group message with the caption 'Poker Night?'.

***

The wedding was in one week. Brooke did nothing but watch as her mother and Stella frantically tried to 'get everything organized'.

To Brooke, everything that needed to be done was done.

They had a minister, a caterer, a florist, a cake, all the guests had RSVP'd yes, all the music was picked out, Breezie and Carmel had finished all the hemming, accessories had been picked out for Brooke and the bridesmaids, and they had a limo.

Her maid of honor, Jewell would walk down the aisle with Harry's best man, Louis. Niall and Eleanor would be next, followed by Perrie and Zayn, and finally, Danielle and Liam.

***

Night had fallen. Harry and Brooke sat snuggled on the couch, a bowl of popcorn between them, watching Fashion Police.

"I can't believe it's tomorrow," Brooke whispered.

Harry's grip tightened around her waist. "I know. Boca's going to be great."

Brooke laughed. "We can tape all the stuff that we do and then show it to everyone when we get back."

"Well, the outdoor stuff."

"I love you, Harry."

"I love you, too. That's why I'm marrying you tomorrow, remember?"

Brooke slapped his arm playfully and they continued watching Fashion Police.

She fell asleep in his arms.

_______________________________

Pic of Brooke on the side. Wedding is next chapter (unedited, sorry)

Vote and comment, please!

Love you, babe.

Belle xx