8: Friends meet Logan

Chapter 8

"Pass the ball," Jamie yelled. I looked at her over my left shoulder as I dribbled down the field. I passed the ball swiftly and ran to the goal.

"Pass!" I retrieved the ball back and scored my second goal this game. The ref blew his whistle ending the game.

The crowd cheered and roared, "Alex, Alex, Alex!"

I sipped on my water in my blue water bottle at the side lines.

Coach Ryan came over to us,"Keep up the great job girls for our next game, Sunday at 10:30. On three-- 1...2...3..."

We huddled up together putting our hands in the middle,"LIONS!" The team immediately walked out of the circle. I walked to Lily and Lauren on the metal bleachers. They congratulated me. We headed to Lily's new Honda car.

"Great job girl! Now, who wants coffee?" Lily opened the car door.

"Me!" Lauren raised her hand.

I chuckled and saw Logan leaning on his motorcycle staring at me in the distance, "One second, I'll be right there."

I walk to the other side of the parking lot, "Hello, there stalker. Why are you even here?" I crossed my arms in front of him. Logan hopped on his motorcycle with no response. "Now you're going to be all mysterious like in those stupid books and cheesy movies?"

"Get on," He handed me his polished black helmet.

"No, my friends are waiting. You're acting weird today. Did you just happened to be hit on the head with a coconut?" I saw him rolled his eyes at me.

"Are you just going to complain or get on?"

"I'm going to go leave with my friends who are in the car waiting for me," I saw him point to the gray Honda car where my friends were. They were pulling out of the parking spot, they're going to leave me? "Seriously? You scared them off!"

He chuckled, "Now, come on babe."

"I'm not your babe, douche." I put the helmet on my sweaty head and put my arms around his torso. I've never been on a motorcycle actually. As the motor started, I saw Tiffany glaring at me across the street, he's probably just using me to make her leave.

I hugged tighter and I heard a small chuckle from him, "Can't get enough of me, Henderson?"

"Shut it and go."
-------
Logan parked in the Starbucks parking lot. I got off and put the helmet on the seat, "Thanks for the ride. How did you know I was coming here anyways?" He shrugged and opened the door for me. "What a gentleman."

"Who's that?" I heard Lily behind me.

I turned around and she was holding two coffee cups, "Is this for me?"

She nodded and gave me one of the cups. I sipped the on the hot coffee, "Ahh, my favorite, S'more's Frap. It's like heaven in a cup," We both chuckle awkwardly, "Friends meet Logan, the quarterback of our school."

Lily smiles at Logan and crosses her arms, "Nice to meet you Mr. Player."

"Why does everyone call me that name?"

"Because you are. So, how'd you two meet or at least when?" Lily grinned at me.

I rolled my eyes, "He's my friend, well, eh. He's getting there. Logan is just someone that I met at the party I told you on Thursday."

"Oh, so he's the loser you and Lauren made fun of? The douche head?"

"Wait, you called me a loser? I'm the best at everything, ya know." He winked at me. If you have a dirty mind, you'd probably get what he's saying. I shivered a little, ew.

"Awww, you two are like an old married couple." Lily interrupted our gross moment. She had her hands folded together under her chin like a little kid. '

I blushed slightly, "Where's Lauren?" Lily pointed to the girl flirting with the cashier, Josh.

"Hey Lauren, Josh." Lauren turned around and saw me.

"O. M. G. Is that the dude you wrote on?" I look behind me and saw Logan hovering over my shoulder. My spine shivered as I felt his chest bump my back.

"Yeah, I'm the so-called 'Mr. Player'. The name's Logan."

"Aloha Logan. Nice to meet you. I heard you're really good at football."

Logan smirked at me and muttered, "Who's the loser now?"

I leaned my head closer to him, "You."
---------
I looked out the window as my friends and Logan were talking to each other. I saw a familiar couple across the street. It's Ally and Eddie. They looked at me and we waved at each other.

"Who's that?" Lily interrupted my thoughts.

"Ally and Eddie. I met them outside when I went to Starbucks after Logan stole my stuff." I eyed Logan.

We got up from the tight booth. Lily went up to me and whispered in me ear as she walks by, "He ain't that bad."

I rolled my eyes, "Then why don't you date him?"

"No way!"

"You said he ain't that bad." She rolled her eyes at me this time.

"Sure..." I chuckled.

𑁍-𑁍