Chapter 2

She always liked spooky things, that's why Camila picked this place. It was like straight out of a horror film. That's why she had been a lot less relaxed about the other night. It had already been a week since Camila experienced that event and she hadn't really drooled on it much, nor had she unpacked any of the boxes that were located downstairs. Instead she had been just exploring the place, ringing family or just procrastinating from her many focus. Today, she was determined to finally unpack the boxes and also clean the house up since it was covered in thick layers of dust, which she thought the estate agent would of tidied up. Camila also wondered why this place was so cheap and hard to sell. Apparently, no one has lived in this house over 4 years now and each year the price went down and down. Surely, no one could resist a place like this or perhaps it was just Camila's sense of creepiness that lead to think that this house was irresistible.

She was dressed in another vintage outfit which was a long, dark, slim fit skirt and a dotted black shirt with s dark sea blue coloured back ground tucked into it. She had dark navy heals on that clicked every time Camila took a step. She had just finished her cup of tea cleaning it in the sink then leaving it to dry besides it. She strolled to the front part of the house where the boxes had been left untouched. Camila sighed picking the highest box of the pile and unfolded the boxes flap then, decided where the first objects would go.

After long hours of unpacking the stored items Camila had just unpacked the last box, which had ornaments wrapped in bubble wrap. She only had three boxes left, which she carried up to her room and filled her closest with clothes and shoes. She jumped slightly when she heard the grandfather clock ring throughout house five times telling Camila it was 5 o'clock. So, she decided she would make herself dinner. She turned on her heels going into the kitchen and setting out the ingredients she needed to make herself a casserole. Once she opened her fridge and raided through her kitchen cupboards Camila realised she had no fresh vegetables or anything fresh for that matter.

She checked the last cupboard and when she opened it she let out a terrifying scream that almost shook the house. Camila grabbed some plastic gloves she kept in the first aid kit on top of the fridge and snapped them onto her hands. She almost throw up when she had to pick up the dead rats, three dead rats, from inside the cupboard and once she shovelled them up, blood dripped from the dead animals revealing a unidentifiable bite mark on their backs. It didn't seem like it was from another animal nor did it look like a cut. Camila stared at the mark for a while trying to figure out the cause of death but soon convinced herself that it was probably a cat and the rats had crawled into the cupboard. It seemed unlikely but it stopped Camila dwelling on it. She dropped them into the bin outside of the house and shook herself from the gruesome images of the three innocent animals before collecting her coat and putting it on. She needed to get out of this house for a while. She walked down the hall and stopped in front a small wooden table that had a vintage dial tone on it; Camila loved it. Unfortunately, her cell phone didn't have any signal, but the telephone did. She dialled the taxi's number and ordered a cab to her house to take her to town.

Camila had waited nearly an hour for her cab, but it was the only ride she had. There was no buses that went down her road nor was there any nearby train stations. The area was deserted. She gave the taxi driver a few notes and exited the vehicle carefully looking at the muddy path. Town wasn't exactly what she pictured. There was no proper roads just mud paths and all buildings were made out of wood. She felt like she had been thrown back 50 years or she was in some western film. However, she loved it still. She seen a shop which was the only supermarket, but it wasn't like the supermarkets in the city. Camila entered the shop and saw one ginger haired lady slouched in her chair at the counter. She had freckles dotted over her cheeks and was wrapping her curly hair around her index finger. She was briefing over a gossip magazine whilst blowing bubbles with her gum at her mouth. The lady looked up from her text and furrowed her eyebrows at Camila, clearly understanding she wasn't a local.

"Hey there!" The freckled lady spoke loudly waving her right hand at Camila, who seemed slightly lost. "You need some help?"

"Indeed." Camila stated stepping closer to the friendly women, clenching her purse. "I need to get a lot of shopping in."

The lady walked out from behind the counter and stared at Camila with more confusion. "You're not from around here, are you?" She raised her left eyebrow questioningly making Camila feel slightly intimidated.

"No I'm not, I moved here a week ago and I hadn't had time to come to the village." Camila nodded picking up a basket from the in front of the counter and venturing around the shops shelves; the lady followed.

"Oh, where are you livin'?" The lady asked nosily stalking behind Camila as she flung a few items into her shopping basket.

Camila was slightly reluctant to giving away her address, considering she had just met the women, but she seemed genuine. "727 Oakwood road" Camila said hesitantly to the women which made her face turn to utter shock and terror.

"Hold up... you live in the big creepy mansion?" She half shouted her jaw dropping down, not actually believing Camila at first. Camila nodded slowly as she picked up a pack of biscuits, reading it briefly and placing them back down. "You've been the talk of the town." The girl told Camila, which made Camila feel very embarrassed.

"It's just a house." Camila brushed it off tip toeing over to the fruit and vegetables filling her basket with lots of different colours of vegetables.

"Yeah, but it's haunted with like ghosts and shit." The lady said getting more excited by the sentence following Camila to the next aisle, that was stocked with lots of sweets and chocolates. Camila just ignored the comment she had made and treated herself with chocolate bars and hard candy. "I didn't catch your name." The women said as Camila placed two frozen pizzas in her basket and traveled to the till.

"Camila. Camila Cabello." She smiled placing her heavy basket on the counter as the women started to scan all the items and bag the shopping.

"Well, I'm Kenzie. Kenzie Westhead." She said with pride and honour finishing up the last items and bagging them all, eventually. 

Camila flashed a smile handing her a fifty dollar bill letting Kenzie keep the 5 dollar change. Camila strugglingly carried the plastic bags out, that was full of shopping and right before she exited she heard Kenzie say "if you need a friend, I'm here; have a good evening."

"Thank you for your hospitality, good evening." Camila tried waving but it failed causing her to drop one of her bags clumsily.

She gathered her bags together and exited the small shop noticing a pay phone. She rang a taxi again and sighed irritatedly when they said they'd been adleast 20 minutes. So, Camila sat inside a bar that was next to the shop she had just been it. They had swung doors giving Camila a cowboy vibe but looked very British when she entered inside. All the people eyed Camila, since she stuck out like a sore thumb, sitting down at the long, wooden counter that was covered in beer and felt nastily sticky. She rested her thousands of bags below the stool as sighed tiredly propping her elbow on the side.

"This bar ain't for tourists." The man a metre away from Camila spoke up as she noticed everyone in the bar was staring at her.

"I'm no-not a tourist." She gulped nervously turning her around seeing the bartenders even watching her; she had never felt this intimated in her life.

"Where your nest then?" The man scoffed scratching his stubbly beard and taking a sip of his beer, everyone listened carefully to what Camila was about to say.

"727 Oakwood road." I looked down at my feet that was dangling off the stool and hearing everyone in the gasp in the room.

Suddenly, someone dropped the glass the most shocked off them all. The bartender rushed over ignoring the glass he created and leaned over the unclean bar to get closer to Camila.

"Oh my god!" He shouted shockingly nearly climbing over the counter to Camila. "You're the lady who's moved into the creepy house."

Suddenly, the taxi honked from outside and Camila was relieved that the cab had came way earlier than excepted. She grabbed her bags and paced out of the bar cigarette scented place. She heard the place erupt in laughter as she blushed embarrassingly. She hopped into the taxi and sighed peaceful finally being out of that awkward situation.

It was clear Camila wasn't making any new friends anytime soon.