Chapter 26

AJ's POV

It's already been two days and Clark hasn't called me back yet. I'm starting to worry that I have completely ruined my chance the other day.

"Do you think I blew my recording session the other day?" I ask Ariana, who was sitting on the sofa watching the newest episode of Breaking Bad. Lets just say she has had a little bit too much extra  time on her hands since she took a break from her famous life in California.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP I'M WATCHING BREAKING BAD!!!" She scolds me, looking back to the giant flat screen hanging on the wall. "Wait a second. Did you just ask if I thought you blew your recording session?"

"Um, yeah maybe." I say shyly. Ariana didn't say anything at first. Then after a good minute she paused her tv show and started laughing out loud.

"Oh you're too funny!!" She exclaims, wiping a tear away with the side of her index finger.

"I wasn't making a joke" I point out, wondering why she was laughing. I don't think I was trying to be funny.

"AJ, you did great. Record producers just take a while to get back to you. Trust me. I know it all. When I recorded my first song, they didn't get back to me for a month. Don't sweat it. I'm sure Clark will get back to you sooner or later" She says, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Now if you don't mind shutting your mouth, I have Breaking Bad to watch." And with that, Ariana picked up the tv remote from the coffee table and resumed her show.

As I was walking back to my room I heard my phone ring.

"Hello?" I ask, not even bothering to look at the caller ID before picking up.

"Hey AJ, it's Jesy, your manager as you probably already know, but anyway. I know you've been out of work for a while with personal issues. But you should really come back to work. I have tons of other people who would be killing for this job and you're starting to slack off. If you don't come back to work on the next week, I'm sorry but I'll have to fire you" She says. I could practically hear the guilt in her voice. I knew how much she loved me and she knew how great a model I was. And it broke my heart to hear her say that she was gonna have to fire me.

"O- okay, I guess" I say, shocked. Before I could say anything else, Jesy hung up. I wanted to tell Ariana or Jade what just happened. But I knew Ariana was too sucked into her show and I was not gonna bug her again. And Jade is out bowling with Beau because she doesn't get to hang with him as much, even though they are dating and he comes over here all the time.

Just as I was considering talking to Ariana, my phone rings again. Please lord let it not be Jesy already firing me. I prayed silently in my head before picking up the phone, once again not checking to see who was calling.

"Hello AJ!!!" I hear a loud voice booming into the phone. I could automatically tell that it was Clark. "How has you day been? On second thought, don't answer that question. There's no time. Just called to let you know that my co workers loved you and they want to sign you!!! I know, so exciting. I need you to come into my office in two weeks so we can talk about what happens next. OK?"Clark booms into the phone, not even giving me a second to say something.

"Sounds gre..."

"NOOOOOO!!!! COME ON WALT! STOP BEING A DUMBASS AND GET UP!!!" Ariana yelled loudly (A/N :never watched Breaking Bad before so this stuff that Ariana is saying probably makes no sense at all)

"I'm sorry. My room mate Ariana is watching Breaking Bad. She's a little obsessed."

"No worries. So will you be able to come in my office in 2 weeks?" He asks, eagerly.

"Uh yeah sure" I say. Then Clark hung up on me. I hung up the phone and walked into my room and layed down on my bed.

"What job oppurtunity should I choose?" I ask myself.

"SUP BITCHES I'M HOME!!!" Jade yells jokingly, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"YO AJ!! ARE YOU MAKING DINNER OR WHAT?!!!" Ariana yells from the living room.

"YEAH I'M COMING YOU IMPATIENT LITTLE CUNTS!! I yelled, walking out of my room. Don't we such a  great friendship?