Chapter 17

AJ's POV

"So all you have to do is come back in a month or so, and we'll be able to take your casts off" The doctor says, sending me off to go home. I climbed into the passenger seat of my car, shoving my crutches in the back seat while Luke got into the driver seat and started driving out of the parking lot.

"So, how are you feeling?" Luke asks nervously. I didn't answerHe knew that I was panicking after I got the threatening text from Mark. "Look I'm sorry I just don..."

"Luke stop worrying about me! I'm gonna be fine. I'm gonna get my casts off in a month and I don't need to worry about a douche bag like Mark when I have you and my friends to protect me!" I exclaim, puffing hot air out of my lungs, causing the ice on the window to melt. We just sat in silence until we arrived at my apartment.

I limped up to the door and pulled out my key. Before I could put the key in the lock, the door opens up quickly and I see everyone crowd around the door.

"AJ! WE'RE SO GLAD YOU'RE HOME!!!" They all yell, trying to hug me all at once.

"Alright one at a time" I say, chuckling. I throw my purse on the table and use all of my power to sit down on the couch without breaking another bone in body. Luke and Jai sat beside me and Ariana, Beau, Jade, and Dani sat on the floor. We all started talking about random stuff and catching me up on things I missed when I was in the hospital. When we ran out of things to say we just turned on the tv when an emergency news broadcast turned on.

"In other news, we have just discovered that 18 year old AJ Torres has just been let out of the hospital after being hit by a large black SUV just last week. Reports are telling us that the driver of the SUV was her ex boyfriend who has been out to get her since they broke up which was 3 years ago. We don't know if this is true or not. But as precaution if you see a man that looks like the one in this picture and an black SUV with the licence plate WXG-1426 (A/N: totally made up licence plate btw) please contact the police department immediately." The news reporter says. 

At this point I was breaking down in tears. I grabbed my crutches and limped to my room as quickly as my good leg could walk.

I plopped down on my bed and got a spare towel from my closet. I reached into the little drawer that was attached to my bedside table and grabbed the box of razors. Carefully, I picked up a small one that was already stained with blood since I used it to often.

"YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS!!!!!!!" I screamed, digging the razor deep into my skin.

"AJ STOP!!!" Someone behind me was screaming. I turned around but I couldn't see who it was. I was crying so much that the tears were blurring my vision.

Jai's POV

As soon as the news report finished I saw AJ limping away to her room as fast as she could. I knew Luke was watching her but I was surprised he didn't go chasing after her.

"Aren't you gonna go after her?" I ask, looking over at Luke who was acting like nothing happened.

"No. But if she doesn't come back soon though, can you go check on her? I'm gonna go to the bathroom" He asks, getting up from his seat from the couch. I just nodded my head and he walked away.

Only about 30 seconds later I heard AJ yelling from her room.That was my sign to check up on her. I dash to her room and everyone else started following me.

"Stay there. I'm gonna go check on her" I whisper, pushing everyone else away from the door.

I looked at AJ and I knew what she was doing. I had to stop her.

"AJ STOP!!!" I yelled. She burst into tears and I ran over to her bed. "AJ what are you doing? I know it looks bad and all but everything is gonna be okay. You don't have to do this to yourself" I exclaim, putting my hands on her shoulders.

"I know! But Mark isn't the only problem. I feel like ever since I met Luke I've only been causing drama. Like, he's being so supportive and loving, and all I've been is grumpy. I don't deserve him, or any guy." She says, trying to hold back tears..

"Don't say that. Luke loves you very much. And he knows how much you're going through rig..."

"Hey can I come in?" Luke asks, from the other side of the door.

"Uh, just a minute!" I yell. "I want you to tell Luke that you love him,no matter what. Trust me, he loves you too" I say. I was about to walk out the door when AJ stops me.

"Jai wait. Thanks for your help" She says giving me a hug.

Luke's POV

"She's all yours" Jai says, walking out of the room. I close the door behind me and AJ's back was turned to me. I could hear her crying. I sit down on the bed next to her and try to come up with things to say to her. She looks at me and starts hugging me and she's crying a river.

"Hey, it's okay" I say, rubbing her back. She lets go of me and wipes away the tears.

"Luke, I just wanna let you know that I love you, more than anyone or anything okay." She says, her breath shaking with every word.

"I know. And I love you a lot" I say. She stops me and kisses me. I swear and felt sparks when we kissed. She started pulling off my shirt and I stopped her.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" I ask.

"Of course' She says, almost shocked that I asked a question so stupid.

"But you have a broken arm and leg!' I exclaim, pointing to her casts.

"So what?! A couple bruises and broken bones never stopped me" She says smiling.

And that night, I knew for sure, that I loved AJ, more than anyone.