Chapter 12

AJ's POV

I wake up from my deep sleep and remember that I had to meet Luke and Jai at the park with Dani.

"Dani, we're leaving to go to the park in 15 minutes. So get your ass out of bed!" I yell from my room. I walk into the kitchen and grab a bowl of cereal and sit myself down in front of the tv to watch re runs of old Spongebob episodes.

"So why are we going to the park?" Dani asks groggily.

"Can't we just have a little fun without you questioning it?" I snap.

"Sorry" she says, walking into the kitchen to grab a bowl of cereal. "So you're going like that?" She asks, looking at me still wearing my pajama's from last night.

"No, I was gonna change after breakfast, which I just finished so now I will change" I say, getting up from the floor to put my bowl in the sink.

After getting dressed into a casual light pink, summer dress, thin cardigan, and white converse, I wait for Dani on the couch and decide to text Luke to see what he's doing.

A: Are you excited for the park?

L: You know it!

A: LOL, can't wait to see you

L: Me too, gtg trying to get Jai out the door, see you in 5

I was about to text something back when Dani walked into the room, I closed my phone quickly so she wouldn't see the text, not that there was anything in that conversation that would give the set up away.

"You ready?" I ask.

"Yeah, ready as I'll ever be" She sighs. We walk out the door towards the park when we see Jai and Luke walking across the street. "Shit!" I mutter under my breath.

"What's wrong?" Dani asks, looking confused.

"Nothing, just bumped into a thorn bush. You know what, lets take a short cut" I lie, shoving Dani into the woods. "Hold on, I gotta check something on my phone" I say, stopping Dani from walking any further.

A: Dude wtf!! Did you really have to walk out of your house the same time we did? Now I have to distract Dani and we had to hide in the woods so we couldn't see you two!

L: Sorry, didn't know we were in sync. LOL. Well me and Jai will hide behind a tree and you have Dani sit down on one of the benches when we get there and I'll push Jai out and he'll talk to Dani and then you come over to the tree that I'm standing at

A: Too cute, kk we'll be at the park in like a minute, if I can find my way out of the bushes

"Okay we're finally at the park. I thought we'd be trapped in the woods for ages" Dani sighs as we reach the clutter of benches and trees. I couldn't help but mentally crack up at the fact that Dani had absolutely no clue what was happening.

"Alright, sit on this bench real quick and I'll be right back, I think I dropped my key chain from my purse in the woods" I say, running toward the tree that Luke and Jai were standing at.

"Jai come on make a move!" Luke exclaims, pushing him out to where Dani was sitting at.

Me and Luke then stand there in silence and watch Dani and Jai. At first Dani was about to leave but then she sat down and they started talking. And then they kissed.

"Dani and Jai, sitting in a tree, K I S S I N G!" Luke and I sing, walking toward the two lovebirds.

"Wait, you set this up?" Jai asks, looking at me and Luke.

"Yep" I said.

"I love you guys" Dani and Jai yell, running to us and bringing us together in a group hug.

"Can we go home now, it's so cold out here" I shiver. Luke wraps his arm around me as we start to walk home.

"How about that date night tonight?" I ask, remembering about that date that we had planned last night over text message.

"Why don't we make it a double date at your place? You and I, and Jai and Dani?" Luke offers.

"Sounds good to me" I smile at him.

Jai's POV

"So why are we going to the park?" I ask Luke.

"So we can spend some brotherly love time together and stuff like that" Luke says, doubtfully.

All of a sudden we hear muffled talking from across the street and we hear rustling. I decided to ignore it and keep walking to the park.

When we got to the park Luke made me hide behind a tree when we saw two familiar girls sitting down on the bench. Then one got up from the bench and started walking toward us. I then realized that it was AJ and Dani.

"Jai come on make a move!" Luke exclaims, pushing me out to where Dani was sitting at.

"Hey Dani" I say shyly, as I walk over to the bench. I was about to sit down next to her when she flung out of her seat.

"NO I AM NOT TALKING TO YOU! NOT AFTER WHAT YOU DID TO ME!!" She yelled.

"Please just give me a chance to explain" I beg, pulling on her arm so she'll sit back down.

"Fine, you have two minutes to explain" She says, crossing her arms and rolling her eyes, not even looking in my eyes.

"I know that what I did was wrong and I'm sorry. It's just that I loved Ariana before you came here and we were dating. And when I met you, I just fell in love with you, completely forgetting that I was still dating Ariana. Dani, I love you way more than Ariana. There's just something special about you that I can't even explain." I was going to continue when I felt her lips crashing onto mine.

"Will you forgive me and be my girlfriend?" I ask.

"Yes, yes I do and will" She says, hugging me.

"Dani and Jai, sitting in a tree, K I S S I N G!" Luke and AJ sing, walking toward us.

"Wait, you set this up?" I ask, looking at the two of them.

"Yep" She said.

"I love you guys" Dani and I yell, running to then and bringing us together in a group hug.

"Can we go home now, it's so fucking cold out here" AJ asks. Luke just brings her closer in his arms and they start whispering in each others ears as we approach the apartment complex.