Chapter 16

Luke's POV

Seeing AJ's body lying on the ground, practically dead, made me want to curl up in a ball and cry. But I knew she was still alive and I had to be strong for her. 

"GUYS, GET HER IN THE HOSPITAL NOW!" One of the by standing doctors yelled. We all watched as she was carried away by a group of doctors and nurses.  I instantly started crying, not caring who saw me.

"Luke, it's gonna be alright" Jai says to me, putting his hand on my shoulder, trying to hold back his own tears.

"Well this was certainly tragic, but we all need our rest" Ariana says, reaching out for Jade and Dani's hands. Beau and Jai start following but Beau quickly turns around. 

"You sure you're gonna be able to stay here by yourself?" Beau asks, with a look of worry on his face.

"Yeah, what makes you think I wouldn't be?" I snapped.

"Sorry bro, just wondering. We'll be back in a couple hours" Beau says turning back around and running back to Jai.

Part of me wished that I went with them. But I also wanted to be at the hospital when AJ was awake and better.

AJ's POV

*1 hour later*

The last thing I remembered before I woke up was walking into the crosswalk so I could get to the other side of the street and then a huge black SUV ran over me. The driver looked into my eyes for a second with those familiar icy blue eyes, then quickly drove away before anyone would notice that h was the reason why I was having this weird dream. Then I realize it wasn't a dream. It all actually happened and I was sitting up in bed in a small hospital room.

"Glad to see that you're awake!" The doctor says, noticing that I was awake.

"What happened to me?" I ask, looking at the boot on my ankle, and a sling and cast on my left arm.

"You were hit by a car just as you were leaving the hospital with your friends. If it weren't for them running into the lobby and telling me, you would've been a goner" He says, shaking his head. "Well since you are awake, I will let visitors in. There has been a boy outside asking me if he could see you for the past half hour" He says walking out of the room.

Five minutes later Luke comes running into the room.

"AJ!! I'M SO GLAD THAT YOU'RE OKAY!" He yells.

"Shhhh! I'm not the only patient on this floor" I say, trying to keep Luke quiet. He then grabs one of the chairs from the corner of the room and drags it over to my bed.

"Luke, the guy that hit me with his SUV, what did he look like?" I ask, grabbing his hand.

"Well, uh, he had like really blue eyes that were really scary looking, and he looked scary in general, he had like a baseball snapback on and he had dirty blonde hair which was parted to one side. Why do you ask"

"OH MY GOD LUKE, I KNOW WHO THAT WAS!"I yell, on the verge of tears.

"Who was it?!" He says, jumping in his chair with fear.

"Remember when we were in California and I told you about my abusive ex boyfriend Mark? That was him" I said, trying to get the words out without my shaky voice ruining my sentence.

Just then I heard my phone buzzing from my bedside table and I leaned over to see what it was.

"Unknown number?" Luke questions.

"I don't know. Could just be junk mail" I say, hoping that was true. I opened up to my text messages and there it was, the text that would probably ruin my life.

Too bad you aren't dead! I was really hoping that for all the trouble I went through to get to Austrailia, I would actually kill you but my plan failed. But don't worry. I have plenty more plans up my sleeve. You and your group of petty friends better watch out, cuz I'm coming for ya! - Mark

I was shaking so much that my phone fell into my lap and my face turned as white as a ghost.

"AJ, whats wrong?" Luke asks nervously.

"M... Mark's out t..to get us!" I exclaim. Luke and I don't say another word. He just pulls me into a huge hug