Chapter 25

AJ's POV

I was currently sitting in my bed, looking at the stats on my YouTube channel. After Jai had set up my YouTube channel so I could sing covers and stuff, I had gained over a thousand followers in a week! Apparently Luke had tweeted something and a ton of fans subscribed. Just as I was having a daydream of me on tour, singing just about every song I could ever love, my phone starts ringing. Looking over at the caller ID, it said Sony Records was calling. How the fuck did they get my number? I asked myself. Too curious to wonder why they were calling, I picked up after the third ring.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello, yes are you Ms. AJ Torres?" A cheerful voice asked me from the other line.

"Uh yeah I am. Why do you ask and who are you?"

"I'm Clark Bennett (A/N: totally made up name btw). And I'm calling you because you're gonna be famous!! I saw your YouTube videos and you fantastic. Your voice is just out of this world!! I would like it if you came by my studio later today so we could test you out" He says. He sounded so happy, I could probably hear him smiling from the other side of the phone if I had better hearing.

"Sure, I'll be over at three" I say, smiling with every word. And with that he hung up and I was left, shocked. I looked over at my clock and saw that it was already 2 in the afternoon. I ran into my closet and grabbed a simple navy blue and pink polka dot sweater, dark skinny jeans, and chestnut colored Uggs.

After I was dressed, I went over to my mirror and put my hair in a messy yet classy high bun and put a bow clip on a piece of hair that wouldn't stay in the bun. I then put a little simple makeup consisting of blush, eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss. Once I was done, I took one of my Juicy Couture purses off the rack in my closet and threw a couple of things in there.

I turned off the light in my room and closed the door behind me.

As I was about to grab my coat from the closet, Jade and Ariana stopped me.

"Where are you heading off to?" Ariana asks.

"Well, a guy from Sony Records called saying he watched my videos and he wanted to hear more from me. So I'm going over to the studio." I say, shyly, hoping they wouldn't be mad that I told them at the last minute.

"Oh my goodness!! I'm coming with you!" Ariana cheers with excitement.

"So am I!" Jade yells.

"Alright can you just hurry up. I told him I'd be over there by three and its already 2:30." I called out to them.

*

After what seemed like waiting an eternity but was really only 10 minutes, both girls emerged from their bedrooms, coats in hand.

"Alright, so I called the boys and they said they would meet us there." Jade says, struggling to put her coat on when she had her purse in hand.

"Whatever, lets just go. My first impression will not look good if I'm late!!" I exclaimed, pointing at the time on my phone that read 2:40. 

"Don't worry. If he asks why you're late, tell him that Ariana Grande kept you waiting. Works every time" She says with a wink.

"Sure" Jade scoffs. Before the two girls could argue I pulled them by the wrists and dragged them to the car.

*

"Sorry I'm a little late Mr. Bennett. I got a little held up by my friend Ariana here" I said, hoping that Ariana's excuse would work.

"Don't worry about it. I was running a little late myself" He says, straightening up his tie before sitting down in his official looking chair. "And please, call me Clark" He says with a smile.

Wow!! Does this guy smile. His face must seriously be sore half the time. I thought to myself while Clark was busy finding paperwork with my name on it.

"So all I really want you to do is sing a couple songs, cover or original, doesn't matter. And then me and my team will determine whether you'll be good for the record company" He says, folding his hands together on top of his desk.

"You can bring your friends if you'd like" He says, glancing over to the waiting room where I could clearly see my dumbass friends acting like a bunch of idiots. I was seriously afraid that they were gonna get kicked out of the building.

I broke myself out of my thoughts and went into the waiting room to get everybody.

"You guys can come in" I tell them. I start walking back to the recording booth and find everbody else close behind me.

"Alright, so what are you gonna be singing?" Clark asks me, once I put the headphones over my ear.

"Um, I guess I'll be singing Hey Jude by The Beatles" I say.

"The piano's over there" He says, pointing to the piano in the corner on the booth. I walked over to the piano and sat down on the bench. "Whenever you're ready" He says through the microphone.

Alright AJ, you got this. I told myself. And at that moment, I was completely taken over by the music I was playing.

"Hey Jude, don't make it bad

Take a sad song and make it better

Remember to let her into your heart

Then you can start to make it better

Hey Jude, don't be afraid

You were made to go out and get her

The minute you let her under your skin

Then you begin to make it better

And anytime you feel the pain, hey Jude, refrain

Don't carry the world upon your shoulders

For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool

By making his world a little colder

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah

Hey Jude, don't let me down

You have found her, now go and get her

Remember to let her into your heart

Then you can start to make it better

So let it out and let it in, hey Jude, begin

You're waiting for someone to perform with

And don't you know that it's just you, hey Jude, you'll do

The movement you need is on your shoulder

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah yeah

Hey Jude, don't make it bad

Take a sad song and make it better

Remember to let her under your skin

Then you'll begin to make it

Better better better better better better, oh"

When I was done with the song, I looked up and saw most of my friends with tears in their eyes. And then there was Clark, clapping away happily.

"That was really great AJ. So I'll call you back when we have the results" He says, once again with a genuine smile.

I walked out of the recording booth and my friends followed me out. Me and everyone else kept their cool until we were out in the parking so we could scream.

"OH MY GOD THAT WAS SO AWESOME!!" I squealed, jumping up and down.

"AJ, that was beautiful" Luke exclaims, coming up from behind and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Oh thanks babe. Glad you thought it was good" I turned around and pecked his lips. "Now lets go home. I'm tired after all that singing.