Chapter 43

Ella refused to talk to Ven even after night prep, she just pretended that Ven wasn't really there. I don't think that she was still mad, she'd just gotten so upset and thrown a tantrum she now felt embarrassed about.

And as though Ven somehow knew this, she didn't stop trying to talk to her. Prep ended as it usually did, for me it was like watching a zombie Apocalypse commence.

Most of the girls had fallen asleep through the night prep, their heads rested on the desks. When the bell sounded, they all slowly rose, rhythmically as if moving to some unheard beat, yawned and looked at one another almost in acknowledgement of their kind.

They'd awoken and now they would leave, they picked their books and bags and moved towards the door, staggering and stumbling forward. Some even fought to get through the narrow door obviously forgetting it could only accommodate two people at a time.

The other half of the girls that were awake seemed to be exhausted from the mere act of living, they stared into space as if seeing something we were missing out on. A full minute passed and with a universal sigh, they were re-energized to run for the door as the zombies finally figured out how to use it.

Ven snapped her fingers in front of my face breaking.

"Brie we've got to go, I'm tired of class," she said packing all our books.

I chuckled and smiled at myself.

"I'm not going to be part of that commotion so I'm going to sit here until it's all over," I said nodding my head towards the door.

Ven quietly agreed and kept glancing at the door impatiently, eventually it was free of anyone pushing and tagging and she yanked me out of my seat. We raced for the door and sprinted all the way to dorm.

"What was that about?" I asked panting.

"I just wanted to be in my warm bed and you were slowing us down," she said.

Ella came in with a smile on her face, all afternoon tantrums forgotten and sat next to Ven. Ven looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"What are you so happy about?" I asked.

"She sang for Ash," Candy said looking pained.

My eyebrows shot up. Ella was a terrible singer. "You did?" I looked at her.

"Yeah, I did. He said he liked my voice," she said blissfully.

Harry laughed causing Ella to scowl.

"Wama Ella woo I'm proud of you," Ven. She was grinning at her.

"That guy must really hate you," I said.

She shrugged and started to hum.

"So uhh what did you sing for him?" Ven asked.

"Bad girl," she answered all too quickly.

That only wrung more laughter from the girls.

Ella was determined not to be phased by us so she continued to dream about her little rendezvous as she hummed Bad girl a little more loudly to drown us out.

"Why bad girl?" I asked.

"I don't know, it felt right. I kinda feel like that when I am with him," she said earnestly.

She actually believes it.

"Bad?" Ven asked amusement twinkling in her eyes. We were all looking at Ella with keen interest, ready to pounce on this innocent moment she was sharing with us.