Chapter 10

Three weeks later...

I hope I'm not the first person to get to school,it'll be boring to have to wait for everyone to arrive.

"Are your friends already at school?" dad asked me.

"I hope so, most of them texted me in the morning that they would be leaving for school early. "

"Well make sure you don't slack off this term.  Perform even better than the last term, OK? "

"Yes daddy, I promise."

I was excited to be getting back at school but equally sad because I still wanted to be home.
We arrived at school and I had to go though the routine check up to see if I'd come into school with illegal gadgets. Dad helped me carry my things to the check point and left.

"Girls present your skirts. Anyone found having altered their skirts will be made to buy a new one, " Mrs Paula yelled out to all the girls lining up to be checked.

Many girls were uneasy and towards the school offices, we could be seen holding their old skirts cut into two in one hand and holding new bigger skirts in the other.

Mrs Paul was a middle aged woman who had traces of a once beautiful woman on her face, she'd let herself go probably after she'd gotten married. She had thick bushy eyebrows and equally bushy side burns, her hair always looked messy even when after she combed it. She had a lazy walk and found joy in embarrassing students openly and now she was openly embarrassing the girls getting checked.

I'll make sure to avoid her, maybe I can proceed over to the matron. She won't give me such a hard time.

A few minutes later I got out of the line and decided to sit down on the pavement across from where the girls were being checked.

Why is she staring at me?

"Eh young girl,come over here. Your skirt looks inappropriate," Mrs Paula said looking at me from top to bottom.

I walked over to her obediently. My heart was pounding and I had electricity flowing all over my body. I could feel a little sweat forming on my forehead.

"Lemme check the hem of your skirt, " she said pulling me by my skirt.

"A-ha!  I knew it.  You reduced your skirt.  What is wrong with you girls, why do you want to expose your immature body parts and your dry chests? "

Don't be rude.  Don't get mad.  Just be polite and this will be all over soon.

"My skirt is not reduced, I bought it like this. "

"Ah so you think that your buttocks are too big they are pulling the back of the skirt higher," she was glaring at me now.

"Yes it's just my butt. "

"You girls of today are so disrespectful. Those little buttocks are what you want to show off? Who wants to see them?"

"I don't reduce my uniforms, you can check the rest of them.  Besides my mom would never let me reduce them, you can call her and ask. "

"Bring that skirt, you can go buy a new one and bring it too so I can check it as well. "

"No! "

Hold it, don't waver!  She can smell fear.

"No? "

"I'm not buying a new skirt, I have another one. "

"I'm not letting you wear any of your reduced uniforms, in fact bring all of them so I can check them as well. "

By this time a lot of people had gathered around us and we're listening to us argue. I could tell that the parents were on my side, I'd heard one of them whisper to a friend that they'd seen my hem and it was not tampered with.

I walked over to my suitcase and picked out all my uniforms and confidently walked over to Mrs Paula. She checked them furiously and when she found that they were decent, she looked for something else to punish me for.

"Do you know I'm as old your mother? "

"I think so. "

"And yet you talked to me so rudely. Is that how you talk to your mother? "

"No.  My mother would not falsely accuse me especially after I showed her proof that I'm being honest. "

Shoot her.

Oh I already did, I stabbed her in her belly and punched her face in.

Thank you.

"Are you calling me a liar? "

"I'm not calling you anything. I'm just telling you that my skirt is not reduced."

She looked around at the people watching us,she looked embarrassed and was slowly turning angry.

"That's it!  Let's go to the headmaster's office. I will not tolerate disrespect from you students."

Disrespectful! Me?  I'm the one being disrespected. You don't see me being a drama queen about it.

Mrs Paula grabbed my arm and dragged me to the headmaster's office. She went in and told me to wait outside.

Trouble on the first day, way to go Brie.

"You can come in young girl. "

Oh God help me. Let the headmaster see how obnoxious this woman is being, Amen.

"Good evening sir. "

"Yes good evening young lady.  I hear you have been abusing the teachers and disrespecting them even after having been caught trying to sneak your mini skirts into school. You know they are not allowed here. "

"I didn't abuse her and my skirt is not reduced I can even show it to you."

Calm down, freaking out will only put us at more disadvantage.

"I don't need to check it, I trust my teachers. As you can see Mrs Paula is not blind. "

"Yes tell her. " Mrs Paula was smirking at me, obviously happy I was in trouble with the head master.

"As you know young lady, we don't tolerate indiscipline."

"Yes sir. I'm sorry sir. "

"So I want you to call your parents and tell them to come pick you.  They can find you a new school that allows such bad behavior."

Expulsion!! I am being expelled! I'm being expelled for not letting a teacher bully me? Nah I'm probably dreaming.

"What do you mean sir?"

"I mean you have been expelled. We maintain proper discipline in this school."

Keep calm Brie and call daddy, he will understand.

"Can you help me with a phone to call my father?"

"No. I will not help disrespectful students and I want you out of my school."

I watched Mrs Paula walk out of the office with a triumphant look on her face.  She'd just destroyed a life and it had clearly made her day.

Hmmm I hate you.

First day of school and I'd been expelled. I had no idea what to do, I wanted to cry but that would not help. I needed a solution and quick. And then I saw my class teacher Mrs Shrike,she would understand this whole situation, she had to understand.