Chapter 27

Hyejin's POV

"Get her back." I said through gritted teeth, poking Chanyeol's chest hard. He looked annoyingly at me.

"What the fuck. Don't tell me what to do." He replied, the irritation clear in his voice.

"I am today, though. You're going to get Yeona back." I forced myself not to yell even though I wanted to scream at him to bring Yeona back home.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" He was now raising voice. I could hear how his breathing was increasing as he started to get more and more annoyed that I was talking back to him. He had a soft-spot for me but he always wanted to be the superior and dominant one. He couldn't handle that I had power over him.

"Nothing is wrong with me, I just can't believe that you're sitting here doing absolutely nothing when Yeona is somewhere in danger!" I raised my voice back.

Chanyeol's hands were soon on my shoulders, pressing my back harshly against the wall. His eyes were glaring straight into my soul, almost like he was debating wether to kill me or let me survive today.

"Doing nothing? I've been out for hours looking for that stupid, fucking bitch!" He shouted and I could feel how his grip around my shoulders got tighter for every word he spoke.

"Don't call her a bitch. She's better than that." I hissed. Chanyeol's eyes grew darker and I could feel how my blood started to freeze slightly. It had been ages since he had given me this look, the look that he wouldn't hesitate to hurt me.

"You told me you don't give a fuck about her and now you're crying because she's gone? Shouldn't you be happy that she's finally out of your life?!" His voice was so loud that I was sure that the other members could hear our argument clearly.

"Well... Things change!" I tried to defend myself but Chanyeol wasn't buying it. He had already understood that all this time Yeona had been having a big impact on my life and even if I wanted to hate her that would basically be impossible. Her and I had been going through too much together.

"You're such an fucking idiot." Chanyeol said and clenched his fists. I let my eyes look at them and for a moment I realized that he could easily punch me. I wasn't safe from him just because he happened to love me. I had just been lucky enough the past months that I had behaved, that I hadn't given him any reason to hurt me but now he had all the reasons he needed to hurt me.

"I just want my best friend back." I replied in a soft voice, trying to not upset him even more. The last thing I wanted was to say something that I would regret.

"She's not your best friends. People like us don't have friends." Chanyeol breathed out, biting his bottom lip.

"You mean that people like you don't have any friends." I said. I don't know why I was stupid enough to let those words leave my lips but it was the truth. Yeona was my friend, even though I for sure didn't act like she was it. People like me could have friends, me and Chanyeol had nothing in common.

"Watch it, Hyejin." Chanyeol warned me. "Love won't stop me from proving to you that I'm the one making the rules here."

"I just-"

"JUST SHUT UP ALREADY!" Chanyeol shouted out, cutting me off. His fist flew past my ear, punching the wall hard. I could see in the corner of my eyes that there was a hole around his fist and his eyes were glued to the floor.

"Chanyeol, I-"

"Just don't say anything else, Hyejin. I don't want to hear another word." He replied slowly. It was almost like he forced himself not to hurt me. He pushed away from the wall, leaving me in shock. I couldn't move, I just stood there like a fool as I watched him leave the room and locking the door after him.