Baldur's Gate

Jameth slowly gets to his feet, staggers a bit, and then put his left hand to his head as he tried to focus in on the gnome, "You were ugly when there was only one of you."

Artifax extends a glass to Jameth. "Drink this. It will help... And duke, your 'crest' is showing." He smiles and then walks to the window. "Laraelra left last night."

Jameth hadn't quite processed the last few sentences, but Artifax was right, the mead would help to quiet his hangover. He looked down and realized that he was naked... His "crest" was showing... He began again, "Who did you say 'left'?"

"Laraelra, the bartender I've been dating for the last few months. I know you never come to the Low Lantern with me anymore, but she's the half elf with the nice..."

"Wait Artifax." Jameth's mind was playing catchup. He looked down at the sleeping countess. "Would you excuse us please?" The small girl wrapped the covers around herself and staggered out of the room.

"Of course I remember Laraelra. Just give me a moment to wrap my mind around things. Since the election, things have been moving so quickly. I can't believe that I will become Duke and leader of the Flaming Fist. It seems like yesterday you and I were blowing up the lower town together." Jameth chuckled and then noticed his friend's stern face.

Artifax had again transformed. It was the first he had noticed. His eyes took on a reptilian shape, and he smelled somewhat of brimstone. "What happened?"

"When I woke up last night, she was gone. There was a gold coin on her pillow. I guess I am a pimp." Artifax managed a small half smile.

Jameth was concerned for his friend. "Let me see the coin." When he held the coin, he recognized it right away. "This isn't good, my friend. Laraelra didn't leave you Artifax. She has been taken to the Iron Keep of Omans Isle."

Wayward Tail: The Mortal Realms Trilogy, Book 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें