fifty eight

fight me
-----
Accepting the Skype call, my heart started to beat. The last time I Skyped Patrick, he broke up with me. We were both crying, and he hung up first.

    "Pattycakes!" I cheered as I say Patrick. As soon as the old nickname slipped out of my mouth, I winced. Patrick's face flushed a little, but he ignored the slip up. "I-" I started, but Patrick cut me off.

    "Pete, we need to talk." He said. I felt confused.

    "Well, yeah, that is kind of why I texted you. I need your help with-" As Patrick cut me off again, I realized what he was talking about.
"No. You and I need to talk. About us. About..." Patrick trailed off, but I heard his unspoken words. About us breaking up.

I sat back in my chair. "Yeah." I spoke. "Sure." Taking a deep breath, I tried to keep my past anger at Patrick down.

"You deserve to know... Why, I broke up with you." He said. I nodded, looking at him. I haven't seen him, seen his face in such a long time.

"Yeah, I do deserve to know." Patrick shifted in his chair, looking uncomfortable. I briefly wished that there wasn't this awkwardness, that we were just in a group Skype call with Brendon, Andy, Joe, Tyler and Josh.

"I-" Patrick's voice caught. "I was scared." Scared?! He broke my heart because he was scared?! At the sight of my facial expression, Patrick hurried to continue. "We were moving fast, and everyone was telling me that you didn't actually like me."

The urge to shut the laptop was overwhelming.
"I mean, you were never actually here. Like, I could text you and call you, but I went to prom by myself. I never got the chance to take you out to dinner." I let out a short breath, feeling my temper rise. Patrick continued talking. "Pete, I have never actually kissed you."

-----
GIVE ME FEEDBACK COMMENT