fifty two

Two days later, Mikey was released from the hospital. The only reason why it took so long was that Mikey passed out from under nourishment. Frank and Ray left Gerard alone, so they could go home by themselves. The car ride was silent, and Mikey kept picking at the bandages on his arms. The nurses suggested him keeping the bandages on, only to let the scabs heal completely. They had always changed the bandages when Gerard was gone, so he hadn't seen why they were on there.

    Gerard already was pretty sure he knew, though.

    He pulled the car into the driveway, but kept the doors locked. He turned the car off, and turned to Mikey.

    As Gerard turned to his brother, Mikey burst into tears.

    "I- I am sorry!" Mikey choked out between his tears. Gerard was slightly shocked. This was the first time Mikey has show emotion, let alone talked in the last few days. "T- This i-is all my f-fault," Mikey said, putting his head in his hands.

Gerard frowned, and unlocked the car. Without saying a word, he walked to the other side of the car, where Mikey was still sitting. He opened the door and helped Mikey get out, and pulled him into a hug.

    "It's-" Gerard started, before he stopped himself. "No. It isn't okay. Never do anything like that again, Mikey." Mikey hugged his brother tightly, still crying. He shook his head.

    "Never, never." Mikey repeated. Gerard fought back the urge to cry as well. He pulled away from the hug, and wiped some of the tears off of Mikey's face. He then ruffled Mikey's hair.

    "You promise?" Gerard checked. Mikey gave a small smile, and nodded.

    "Yeah, I promise."
--------
Go back to the last part and participate in the contest!!!