forty nine

I had a theory. And I didn't want it to be correct. Chances were high- too high, for my preference- for my Mikey and Mikey Way to be the same person. My (I keep calling him mine, but is he really?) Mikey was funny, and kind. He was cautious on the internet, and didn't believe in love. Mikey Way was lame, and dorky. He was constantly tripping over his feet, and wiping his golden hair out of his light brown eyes... Shit.

No. I had a crush on Mikey for a while in 9th and 10th grade, but then I started hanging out with the football team. They told me why he was so weird, and I never mentioned my crush on him.

Thank god it was gone now. I didn't like him, that is for sure. I did like the Mikey who I have been talking to, that is for sure. I always thought the concept of falling for someone not because of their looks, but their personality was interesting.

I was in my car, driving to the hospital. Thanks to Gabe, I could test my theory. I would march right in there, and ask Mikey if he was the Mikey I have been talking too.

I may also apologize, for, you know, being a dick to him. Pulling into a parking spot, I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. I could do this.

Walking into the hospital, I glanced around for Gabe. He said that he would meet me and help me get into the room, because it was family only. Instead of seeing Gabe, I saw Frank and Gerard. I stiffened, and turned my back to them. Gerard didn't want me here, I knew that.

Thankfully, I saw Gabe. I ran up to him, thanking him a million times. Gabe didn't say much, just gave me a pass and directed me towards the elevators.

"Be careful. There is one other guy in there with Mikey, and I don't think he knows that you are coming." Gabe said. It must be Ray. I smiled like I knew what I was doing, and thanked Gabe again.

In the elevator, I pulled out my phone. I hesitantly opened up my string of messages with Mikey. I walked down the elevator, and quickly found 342. The door was open, and I could hear a voice.

"So, bud. I have been charging your phone for you, and cleaned out all of the notifications. Just so when you leave the hospital you don't have to deal with all of it." It was Ray. I listened closely for Mikey's voice, but I didn't hear it.

I looked down at my phone, and sent a message.

Pete: We need to talk.

I watched as it delivered.

I closed my eyes, praying for the phone inside to not go off.

Bing! I heard someone shuffle around in the room. A pause. "It is a text, from you-know-who. He says you guys need to talk."