thirty five

The phone rang during dinner. Gerard was sitting at the table across from Frank and Ray, starting the drift off to sleep. There was an half-eaten pizza in the table between them.
At the loud ring, Gerard was jolted back awake, and ran to the phone.

"Hi, hello." Frank crossed his fingers under the table. "No, he's not here right now. I am his son, Gerard." A pause. "May I ask who this is?" Ray grabbed another piece of pizza. "Yes, he is my brother." Gerard's voice cracked, and his face was getting visibly red in the face. Frank got up from his seat and started walking towards Gerard, but the black haired boy held up a finger to tell him to wait.
A few more seconds of silence.
Gerard let out a small cry, his eyes filling with tears. "Y-Yes, we will be there right away. Thank you." He placed the phone down, his hands shaking.

"Gee?" Frank asked hesitantly. Gerard got into motion, grabbing his car keys and heading for the door. Frank was right behind him, while Ray was scrambling to get out of his chair. "Gerard!" Frank shouted. "Who was it?" Gerard forcibly opened up the car door. He looked at Frank, his eyes wide.
"It was a lady, calling about Mikey. He's at the hospital."

---
Thanks to Ash_Poison for helping me with some of the plot stuff
ur really cool