eighteen

Mikey ran into Gerard's room, trying hard not to panic. For once, Frank was no where to be seen, and Mikey has never been more grateful.

"Mikey? What's wrong?" Gerard asked, concerned.

"Whose number did you give me?" Mikey demanded, standing in to doorway.

"What are you talking about?"

"You know what I am talking about. Who have I been talking to for the past month?" Mikey said, trying hard to not let his voice tremble.

"I- I don't know who it is," Gerard said, looking down.

"Yes you do! Why are you lying to me!" Mikey shouted. Gerard fell silent before looking up.

"Who do you think it is?" Gerard asked quietly. Mikey looked down at the ground.

Mikey ran to his brother and hugged him tightly, trying hard not to cry.

"Why?" He whispered. "You know he hates me. Why?" Gerard closed his eyes and hugged his brother back. "What if he finds out who I really am? I have told him so many things..." Mikey's voice broke.

Mikey's phone went off, signifying a text, but both of them ignored it.

"I am sorry, Mikes. As crazy as it might seem, Pete is a really good guy, once you separate him from his buddies at school." Gerard said, but he knew that nothing he would say would make up for it.

"How will I face him now? I can't text him anymore. He will figure out who I am!" Mikey said. Gerard sighed.

"This is all my fault," he said. "I gave you his number as a joke. I never thought you would actually text him, I thought that you could always go to me when you were in a bad place." Gerard felt horrible. "I mean, I thought it would be funny, like haha, you have Pete Wentz's number. It was really wrong of me."

Mikey looked up at his brother.

"How the hell did you get his number? You are a grade above him." He asked. Gerard shrugged.

"Ray knew someone." Mikey chuckled.

"That sounds so shifty," Mikey said, and Gerard had to laugh a little too.

Another beep from Mikey's phone. He picked it up and sighed.

"It's him." Gerard looked at Mikey.

"Do you want to answer it?" Mikey shrugged.

"Not yet. Hey, can we call Ray and Frank over and have a movie night?" Mikey asked. Gerard nodded excitedly. "But no making out with Frank," Mikey said, getting off of the bed. Gerard groaned, and Mikey walked out, flipping him off.

"Fine! But then I get to pick the movie!" Gerard shouted back.

Gerard still felt guilty, but it was all going to work out, god damn it.