86 Aftermath, Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Hey.", he greeted with a neutral tone.

"Hey." Uncertain smiled the blue-haired at him. A sinking feeling spread in her stomach as she looked at the boy who had given her first kiss to her last night. A to her previously unknown nervousness took possession of her.

Wataru studied the guitar case in his hand. As he got aware of the awkward silence, he looked up and asked: "Keys forgotten?"

"Yeah." He chuckled. "That's not funny!", protested the girl.

"Well. Sort of." As his smile flashed, the huntress felt heat rising in her body. She pouted.

He came over, put a guitar case down and pulled out his key ring. He unlocked the door and held it open for Yuna. "Ladies first."

"Thanks."

She stepped inside and stopped to keep the door open in her turn, so he could get in. He picked up his second guitar case and followed her into the entrance. They took off their shoes and went up the stairs, side by side.

"So? How are you?", asked Wataru after a brief hesitation.

"Hm." Uneasy she played with her fingers. "I was visiting my sister."

"Is she better?"

She shook her head. "Unfortunately not."

Ayumi came rushing out of her room. "You have to see this!", she said excitedly. Wataru and Yuna exchanged a look.

"I want to take a bath.", said the huntress.

The musician yawned hugely. "I'm tired and want to go to sleep."

Snorting rolled the redhead with her eyes. "You two are so lame. Living room, now!"

After a brief protest Wataru and Yuna sat on the sofa and waited for Ayumi, who was opening YouTube on the television and searched for a clip. Despite their objections, the roommate didn't let up, so the singer tucked his instruments in his room and then came back into the living room, where he sat down next to his younger neighbor. He had noticed that she constantly smiled at him when their eyes met. He actually wanted to be mad at her, but her sight made his anger fizzle.

"Okay. Check this out."

The hostess ran a video. The recording was made in the backstage of the Pitstop. It showed how Mizuki and Wataru fought. It was filmed from the side.

"You had no right!", she snapped at the singer.

"I had to do that. For myself."

The guitarist broke away and slapped Wataru on the cheek. "You bastard!" Angrily, she stormed off. Kaito looked helpless between her and Wataru back and forth. Then he followed his girlfriend.

"Oh yeah. Great, now every idiot can watch how my guitarist beats me up.", moaned the singer. The blue-haired looked somewhat perplexed over to him.

"Look how many views the video has." Wataru and Yuna turned their attention to the counter.

"Over 30'000?! What the fuck?!", groaned the young man and covered his face.

"It's only up for half a day. Apparently everyone wants to see, how a girl beats you up. The title "Female guitarist slaps bandleader" is also great." The older woman smiled broadly.

"Thank you, Ayumi-chan. These are extremely uplifting news." He wanted to get up.

"Now wait. We're not done yet. I will skip the comments, though some of them are hilarious. Anyway, in response another video was posted."

Ayumi searched for the link and activated it. She sat down beside Wataru on the sofa.

It was a passable filmed recording of "Sakura Sayonara". The cameraman or camerawoman was right at the edge of the stage and seemed to have a very steady hand. Even the sound was flawless, certainly because it was dead silent during the song. Without comment they looked the whole video.

"Do I really sound that shitty?", wailed Wataru.

With her elbow the redhead nudged her roommate. "You sound great. You just need a little bit more confidence."

He backed away from her and touched Yuna, who winced momentarily and blushed. The musician rolled his eyes. "Nice. I have a YouTube video. So what?"

"Viral marketing, you twit."

The huntress sat there silently, until now. "How many views does it have?", she asked.

Ayumi winked at her. "Finally someone asks the right questions. Almost 10'000 and within a couple of hours."

"It's not that much.", judged Wataru.

"I don't say that you're going to be world famous from this, but it's a beginning. This is your chance. The response has been very positive." She scrolled down to the comments section.

The musician moaned. "Then I will probably soon be surrounded by record contracts."

"You're so funny. I'm sorry that I support you in your career, you ungrateful sod.", snapped the redhead and jumped up.

"Hey. Calm down, otherwise someone is crying at the end.", said Yuna.

"Oh..." Ayumi clenched her fist and struck Wataru in the stomach.

"Are you fucking crazy?!" Angry and irritated, he glared at the hostess.

"She cried. Be glad I choose to not hit your balls."

Yuna struggled with herself. She didn't laugh out loud, but couldn't resist a grin. She had been destroyed after the phone call at noon, but since she had seen the young man at the front door, her mood improved with every passing minute.

"You know what? Fuck you guys.", growled the singer and tried to get up. Ayumi pushed him back down on the seat.

"Sit. Let's talk." When she noticed the quizzical gazes of her roommates, she asked: "What the hell is going on with the two of you?" Wataru and Yuna looked at each other, then both averted their gaze and blushed. "Kawaii!!!", squealed the redhead excitedly. "Where? When? How? I want to know everything."

Yuna, obviously embarrassed, began to shyly play with her hair. The young man looked over at her, then he said: "We kissed."

Ayumi frowned. "And what was all the terror before about?"

He pointed at the blue-haired. "You have to ask her. We kissed and suddenly she ticked out and ran off like the damned Usain Bolt. I had searched for her for hours."

"Yuna?", asked the female roommate.

The huntress was as red as a tomato. She didn't want to talk about this. Especially not with her gossiping neighbor in particular. She thought about the pain and the fear. A strange sensation came over her. "I can't." She jumped up from the sofa, dashed through the living room and disappeared into her own room. The door slammed shut. Wataru and Ayumi both looked irritated after her.

"Damn it. The little one really is fast.", marveled the redhead.