Chapter 23 : The Decision

Disclaimer : I do not own KnB.

Warning! full of OOCness

correct me with my grammars.

================================

Akashi being summon by doctor to his room. Akashi goes alone, he know, the doctor is going to tell him about Kuroko's. The others insist on going to but Akashi reject all the request. He assure that he will spread the news to them later. In the end, they just agree.

The doctor welcome Akashi with a greetings. Akashi reply the greetings and smile.

He take his sit in front of the doctor and ready himself to hear what going the doctor says.

"How Kuroko's condition? You're going to talk about the MRI result right?" Akashi asks.

"Yes. Here the MRI scan." The doctor says as he show the picture of Kuroko's brain.

Akashi nods and observe the picture. He can see clearly there a lump inside Kuroko's brain. The same place he have seen before. But.. something wrong there.

"The tumour still there? Does this mean the treatment didn't work?" Akashi could feel like there a lump on his throat. His speak not as calm as he do before.

"The treatment just help us to delay the tumour from increasing its size but badly, it didn't kill the cell. I'm afraid we are to late when we discovering it. The tumour keep on growing. If you can look this is the first MRI. The size bigger this time." The doctor says.

Akashi observe the results. it's true.. this time its bigger.

"But the treatment already take half of him. He suffering lot from the treatment yet it didn't work?" Akashi's voice sound desperate.

"I'm sorry, we can't predict what will happen inside Kuroko's brain. We only trying our best to kill it." The doctor gives apology smile.

Akashi grips the MRI result tightly, frustrate. Why anything won't works?

"We are going to stop his chemotherapy and radiation treatment." The doctor says.

"What?" Akashi shocks, unconsciously yelled at the doctor.

"His body can't take the side effect of the treatment anymore. Chemotherapy and Radiation treatment are not recommended this time." The doctor explains.

"But what else can we do?" Akashi asks again.

"He is terminal, he is going to die. Nothing can we do." The doctor states.

Akashi frowns.

"No way..." mumbles Akashi.

"As the tumour keep growing, Kuroko's brain had nowhere to go but down, into spinal column. There would be no pain from this process and any discomfort Kuroko might have could be obliterated with medication. We will supply you with Dexamethasone to stabilise him for now but it will not last long. Kuroko will gradually sleep more and more, eventually losing consciousness and passing away." The doctor explains. Akashi is speechless as he hear the shocking news from the doctor.

"I am sorry. This is all we can help. Please cherish every moment with him before he die." The doctor continues.

"How much longer, Kuroko-kun have time to live?" Akashi asks, more like mumbles.

"I can't guess but from his current health, he likely have weeks than months to live" Listening to this Akashi couldn't think straight. No way his friend going to die this early! He can't give up now.

"I demand for you to continue the treatment. We can't stop now." Akashi look a bit angry. No, he is angry with the news.

"But it's going to pain Kuroko. His body can't take it anymore with his current state" The doctor keep on reminds Akashi, but Akashi don't care. He want Kuroko to be save, not to give up on him.