Chapter 12 : A Month

Disclaimer : I do not own KnB.

I am sorry if there mistakes including spelling, grammars and misused words.

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Day by day, Kuroko's condition keeps worsening. The side effect of chemotherapy and radiation is too much. He will vomit every day, at most 5 times a day. Nauseous keep coming, disturbing his days. Worse of all, he didn't have any appetite to consume back his energy by food. He is being attaches to IV drip so that they could give him some nutrition that contains in the liquid inside the IV bag. The nurses keep on changing it with another bag once it empty.

He already went through blood transfusion for three times. This is because the drastic dropping of his blood cell, platelet cell and white blood cell count.

His body also looks red and start to peeling, mostly on his head and spine. That's not all. He's body also being covered by stretch although no one injuring him. This is the effect of the radiation that he been trough.

Although it just four week passed but his weight dropped drastically. His cheekbone already could be seen. The hospital shirt is too big for his size; they need to give him another set with a smaller size than before. Actually it was a kid size shirt yet he accepts it anyway so that he didn't look too thin in teenager size shirt. He didn't want to worry his friends more. Unfortunately, everyone already noticed it without him telling them. They are worried but no one wants to show their emotion to Kuroko. If Kuroko get stress, it will risk his health more which already decreasing day by day. So, they avoid doing so.

"Kuroko-kun" Riko is calling for Kuroko, so that the bluenette will look at her instead of reading the book.

Kuroko turn. "Yes coach?"

"You're too absorbed with the book you're reading. I have been here for awhile now waiting for you to eat your meal. Here" Riko is offering the spoon full of porridge in it to Kuroko's mouth but the bluenette shove his head.

"I don't feel hungry, coach" Kuroko stated bluntly.

"But you didn't eat anything since last night!" Riko cried out, still maintaining the spoon near Kuroko. Kuroko just keep on silent, looking at his palm. Riko move back the spoon into the bowl, her face showing that she is so sad.

"Kuroko-kun, you need to force yourself. You can't keep on being like this. You need the food to help you against your illness. Please, Kuroko-kun" Riko begging to Kuroko, still hoping that the bluenette in front of her will hear her plead.

"I am sorry, I really can't force myself. I'm afraid I will vomit again. It's hurt." Kuroko say the truth, what he fears of.

Hyuga, who is just standing with the support of the wall, moves toward Kuroko with unreadable look. Kuroko and Riko attention is now at him. He put his hand on Kuroko's head and grips it tightly.

"You will eat that now" Hyuga give a cynical look that covering his angry just like when he angry with first year in his teammate.

"Oww" Kuroko winced a bit, closing one of his eyes.

"Stop that, Hyuga! Kuroko is sick now. You can't be harsh to him" Riko yell at Hyuga, ordering him to stop whatever he is doing to Kuroko.

Hyuga stop gripping Kuroko's head. After a while, he rub the teal hair slowly. Kuroko rise up his head and look straightly at Hyuga.

"It will be worse more when you rejecting the food. The nausea will keep coming, either you want it or not but it will be more bad if you didn't eat anything. At least eat something." Hyuga advises Kuroko as he looking straight at the tired blue sky eyes. He is just too desperate. He don't want Kuroko to keep on skipping his meal because he can't bare looking at the sickly face and how weak Kuroko's body look since he start losing his appetite.