AttAck AttAck

Emily felt as though she could slam her head onto her desk at work. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she hoped it would kill her.

The Other Alison in her head spoke to her continuously. Nowadays, it almost seemed as if it were nonstop.

Occasionally, The Other Alison would spout mystifying riddles but Emily was too tired and aggravated to listen to it or to write them down. It was bad enough she had pulled the first one out of her ass. How the hell was she supposed to explain the others?

On top of it all, rebuilding her relationship with the real Alison wasn't easy.

Emily told herself over and over again that it would all be fine and that Alison would be safe. But in the back of her mind, she was nervous. What if this person came for them?

Emily knew the person would. Eventually they would. They were just waiting for the right moment to strike. Emily didn't like feeling like the sitting duck. She was usually The Hunter.

Alison had also reacted poorly towards Emily keeping the rifle by her bedside.

"Babe, do we really need that in here?" Alison asked, eyeing it uncomfortably.

Emily hopped into bed and pulled the blonde against her chest. "Yes. I need to keep you safe."

"Are you absolutely sure somebody is going to try to get us? Maybe you guys misunderstood?"

"Ali... Of course I didn't. Spencer didn't either. And we all know Spencer. She doesn't usually make mistakes," Emily whispered.

Alison sighed. "Em... Everybody makes mistakes. They could've just been doing it to scare you."

"The police don't seem to think so," Emily said.

Emily couldn't see it, but Alison rolled her dim blue eyes.

Emily grit her teeth after a few minutes of harmless silence ensued. "It was stupid of you guys to anonymously call it in."

"Why do you say that?" Alison asked.

"Since when have the police ever been of actual help to us? There's always somebody who is corrupted. Somebody who is messing with us. That Rollins dude tried to peg me for murder!" Emily exclaimed.

"Emily... He was only doing his job," Alison said.

Emily sat up in bed and stared long and hard at the blonde who had now lifted her head from Emily's brawny chest. "You're defending him now? The guy who basically almost got me arrested?"

Alison pursed her lips. "I'm just saying... I don't agree with what he did. Believe me. I don't. But these are the people that are trying to find who killed Charlotte. I need to trust them."

Emily scoffed lightly. "So while we're on the topic of honesty, I wanted to let you know I stole Charlotte's medical file from the coroner's office."

Alison gasped. "You what?!"

"Whoops," Emily snapped.

"Why the fuck would you do that?" Alison hissed. Her tone reminded Emily of the old Alison. But Emily didn't flinch. She'd faced a lot worse than an angry Ali.

"Maybe because what I said is true. It's sloppy. It's incomplete. We wouldn't be able to really understand much until we saw her body. That's how I knew her body wasn't in the morgue. Nobody at the police station said anything. Aria, Spencer, Hanna, and I broke into the office," Emily said nonchalantly.