Wakey Wakey Little Liar

Alison sat at her desk in Rosewood High. Stacks of papers sat next to her. She couldn't believe how many she had to grade before she left to visit Charlotte. There had to have been hundreds.

She heard a rapping on the door and looked up. "Come in!" she called.

"Mind if I interrupt?" a tall dark haired man asked. He was attractive, and his words seemed kind. Yet he reminded Alison of a raven.

Alison set down her pen. "Not at all. I'm sorry. You are?"

"Oh, my bad. How rude of me. I didn't even introduce myself. I'm Dr. Rollins. Elliot Rollins. I'm Charlotte's Doctor over at the sanitarium," he said.

He held out his hand for Ali to shake. She took it. She felt a strange vibe from him. He smiled warmly and pulled up one of the chairs by the computer desk so he could face Alison.

"Hi. Just curious, how did you know I worked here?" Alison asked.

He shrugged. "Charlotte talks a lot about you. She might have mentioned it once or twice."

Alison smirked. "You're a good listener."

His eyes became cold. "No. I'm a good doctor. And as her doctor I'm here to deliver some news."

"And this couldn't wait until I visited her tonight? I'm sorry, Dr. Rollins. But I'm very busy. As you can see-,"

"Elliot. Call me Elliot," he cut her off.

She was beginning to feel uneasy. Alison tapped her pen against the desk restlessly.

"Elliot, please just tell me what you need to tell me," Alison said.

He clicked his tongue and sighed. "I think Charlotte is a danger to herself. I believe she should be moved to one of the more protective sanitariums."

Alison blinked. "What? What the hell are you talking about?"

Elliot scratched the back of his neck nervously and reached out to take Alison's hands in his. "She talks of suicide constantly. It wasn't an issue until recently. She's been stashing her medications. We think she was going to try to overdose."

"How long ago did this start?" Alison asked, enraged.

She pulled her hands away from Elliot with a disgusted expression on her face.

"About three months ago," Rollins admitted.

"Are you telling me that my sister was suicidal for three fucking months and none of you assholes planned on telling me?" Alison said harshly. 

"It's not that we didn't plan on telling you, Ms. Dilaurentis. We just simply didn't wish to alarm you. Patients do this from time to time. They get depressed due to their surroundings. We figured Charlotte was beginning to fully let it get to her that she was stuck in Brookhaven and wouldn't be getting out anytime soon. We figured she'd move out of the phase. And she hasn't. We're beginning to think of it as a serious offense and we highly recommend you agree to the transfer," Elliot said.

Alison stared out the window. She didn't know what to think. Brookhaven was the closest sanitarium to Alison's apartment. It took over once Radley had been shut down and transformed into a hotel.

"If not Brookhaven, then where?" she asked.

Elliot sighed. "The closest high security sanitarium is in Philadelphia. It's about an hour and a half away. I can get Charlotte a good room, and great care. She won't ever ask for another thing."

"She's not moving," Alison growled.

"Excuse me?" Elliot asked.

"I said she's not moving. I'm her caretaker. And I say she doesn't go anywhere. Brookhaven is her home. It's what I can afford. It's where she'll stay," Alison said.

Elliot didn't seem pleased but he sat back and threw up his hands. "As the doctor, I highly recommend transfer. But I can't argue with your demand."

Alison returned her attention to her papers. She didn't want to speak to Elliott any more than she had to.

He noticed this and stood up, moving the chair back in place. "You sound as if you have abandonment issues," he said.

Alison scoffed without looking up from her the paper she was grading. "Wow, you can get all of that from us talking for five minutes? You must really be a miracle shrink."

He smirked. "I can tell by the way you so closely insisted Charlotte stay here. You didn't want her to be far away from you. So I assumed."

Alison set her pen down and glared at him. "Well don't."

Elliot wasn't sure what to do. He sat down again in one of the nearest student desks. "Okay, mind if I tell you something? It's going to sound a little off, but you'll probably get it."

Alison shook her head. "I don't have time for you, or this. I have work to do. And a meeting to get to."

She stood up and grabbed her bag. She almost left the room.

"You miss somebody you love," Elliot said suddenly.

Alison stopped dead in her tracks. "How do you know that?" she asked.

Elliot smiled. He'd won. "Like I said. Charlotte has told me a thing or two about you. She mentioned a name. Emily."

Emily. Emily Fields the love of your life, Alison thought to herself. She shook her head.

"She was my best friend," Alison said.

"Was? Did she pass away?" Elliot asked.

"She moved away. To California. We broke off," Alison said.

"I'm sorry to hear that," Elliot said. He didn't seem all that sorry. Not really.

"I don't like speaking about her. Charlotte knows that. I don't even talk to her about Emily," Alison said.

"And why is that?" Elliot asked.

"Is everything a problem that needs to be solved with you?" She spat.

He shrugged. "I'm a miracle shrink. I believe anything leads to everything."

Alison sat back in her seat. She didn't know what to say or why she was talking to Rollins. He was annoying. He annoyed her. And yet she felt as though she couldn't move away from the raven haired man.

"Let me take you for coffee," he said.

Alison pondered this for a couple of minutes before giving in. "After I visit Charlotte tonight."