Charlotte's Way

"Should I get a ham sandwich or turkey?" Alison asked as Emily sat idly with her menu covering her phone in her lap.

Underneath the table, Alison's feet were resting on top of Emily's tan combat boots. Emily couldn't help but stare at them occasionally as she texted her group message, her eyes not being able to meet the blonde's across from her.

Spencer : Is A doing anything?

Aria : Come on Spence. Don't call her A.

Spencer : You know I didn't mean it like that.

Emily : No. She's acting completely normal.

Hanna : I know what you want to do daddy (;

Emily : Um...

Spencer : Wtf

Aria : Hanna?

Hanna : OMG! I'm so srry. That wasn't meant for you guys

Spencer : ...

Hanna : It was for Caleb

Aria : I'm not even going to ask.

When Emily didn't answer, Alison tapped her leg with her foot. "You okay, babe?"

Emily's head shot up. "Hmm?"

"I asked if you were okay," Alison said worriedly.

Emily smiled quickly. "Yeah, no I'm good. Everything's fine. The girls are just texting about Spencer's Mom's Campaign."

Alison smiled. "I hope she's doing well."

"She is," Emily agreed.

The silence continued again.

Spencer : I'm reading more of the file. It sounds like they are doing a lot of testing on the body in a separate morgue.

Aria : Why?

Spencer : I don't know. But Ali requested it.

Emily : She did?

Hanna : This is crazy!!!!

Emily : Not helping Hanna.

Hanna : No, seriously. This is insane. Why would Alison be doing any of these things?? Why would she lie to you??

Emily : I haven't exactly given her many reasons TO trust me in the past couple months of us living together.

Aria : But Hanna has a point. Ali is basically living two secret lives.

Spencer : Lord knows that's what she's always done best. Vivian Darkbloom?

Emily : Guys, seriously. Come on. We're not teenagers anymore. Ali is past that part of her life just like we are.

Hanna : Then why is she still acting like such a fucking child?

Emily : She's probably just trying to find out who killed her sister.

Hanna : Em, we all are. That's why we're here. I should be in Tokyo right now with Caleb. Instead, I'm stuck in Rosewood for an investigation that HASN'T MOVED AT ALL.

Spencer : Preach (:

Aria : True. Ezra and I are supposed to go on a book tour. But we keep pushing it back because of the investigation.