Don't You Go

Alison walked into her apartment at the end of the day. She realized Emily's keys were sitting in the bowl on the counter by the front door.

"Em, I'm home!" She yelled.

She expected Emily to answer the minute she screamed out, like she so usually did, but only silence hung in the air.

Alison figured she might've been asleep on the couch. She kicked off her heels and walked through to the living room where the television was off and the pillows practically untouched.

Alison felt confused. Where the hell was she? She snuck around to the bedroom and saw the bed fully made from the morning and the bathroom light was off.

"Emily?" Alison asked, slight panic in her voice.

She walked swiftly into the room and pulled out the drawers to find they had been cleared of all of Emily's clothing. Alison checked the closet. Emily's boots and military dufflebag with her dismantled rifle and other army gear was gone too.

"Emily?!" Alison screamed through the house, tears streaming down her face.

Where had she gone? And most importantly, why the hell did she leave?

----------------------------------------------

Emily checked into her room at The Radley and plopped onto the bed. She had started to feel panicked, yet no tears began to fall.

Mermaid, what are you doing? You know I'm not safe without you here, The Other Alison begged.

"Shut up!" Emily yelled.

She picked up a lamp that was sitting on the dresser by the hotel's beautiful King sized bed and chucked it across the room so that it shattered against the door.

Don't you yell at me. That's not going to fix anything Emily. You better watch yourself, The Other Alison threatened.

"Shut the fuck up!" Emily yelled again, enraged.

Or what, Emily? What are you going to do about it?

"GET OUT OF MY FUCKING HEAD!" Emily yelled again as she picked the flatscreen TV up and chucked it against the wall, the screen cracking in multiple places.

Oh hon. You're going to have to try a lot harder than that.

Emily began to unzip her duffle bag ferociously and found the parts of her rifle. She quickly assembled it, her fingers shaking as she loaded the bullets into the magazine.

She moved the barrel so that it was under her chin and clicked the safety out of place.

"Get out... Please... Please leave me alone," Emily begged, eyes closed. She fingered the trigger.

It'll all be over soon, Mermaid. All you have to do is just pull the trigger, The Other Alison cooed.

Just then, the door kicked open.

Hanna burst into the room, her eyes ablaze.

"EMILY!" She screamed.

Emily sat still shaking, her expression stony as Hanna yanked the barrel out from underneath Emily's chin.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU FUCKING THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" Hanna shouted as she slapped Emily across the face.

Emily held her cheek and lay against the blankets of the bed, her mind dead. She felt as though she could die, every inch of her soaked in emptiness.

Hanna watched her worriedly and pulled her cellphone to her ear. "Yeah, I found her. She's okay, I think. Come as soon as you can. It's not good."