Chapter 34

Chapter 34

The architects point to various spots on their layout, explaining to Blake how they've expertly brought his vision to life for the new store. I sit back and watch. These guys seem to be the cream of the crop, so to speak, as far as architects go.

I don't have a problem with them. Well, except for the fact that the lesser of the two partners keeps eyeing my boss down like he's a lollipop. Fuckin' prick. It shouldn't make me jealous; it really shouldn't. I mean, Blake is a good-looking dude. Plus, now that I've seen Phil and myself, I know this fagtoid fairy isn't his type.

But still. It's the principle of the matter.

"You just have such great taste," the flamboyant architect says, touching Blake's arm.

Blake raises his brow at the man before glancing at me to see if I'm watching. My eyes seem to be burning holes on the two of them, and the faintest grin of satisfaction spreads across Blake's lips. He casually moves out of arm's reach from the man and clears his throat.

"Gentlemen, if you both will excuse us. Now that we've seen the layouts, my assistant and I are going to talk it over for a bit. We'll get back to you by the end of the day."

The main partner seems satisfied with this answer, giving Blake a firm handshake. He's oblivious to all the sexual tension and touches that have transpired in the last hour. The lesser partner, on the other hand, tries to hide his disappointment.

"If you need anything," he gushes. "And I mean anything, just call."

He smiles at Blake – a smile of sheer sex and seduction. I stand from the table and clear my throat.

"Thanks for that offer," I cut in with a tight-lipped smile. "But if we need to contact you for anything, that task will fall on my shoulders. Not his."

He eyes me closely, impressed with what he sees, before turning to look at Blake again. His eyes flicker between us as he puts the pieces together with a raised brow. Blake glances at me, and that intense feeling of emotion squeezes my chest again. Then he nods in my direction, giving both myself and the fruity pebble silent confirmation.

We're together.

Understanding dawns on the man's features.

"Of course," the partner says, his voice far more professional this time. "We look forward to hearing from you."

He leans forward to shake Blake's hand, then walks the length of the table to shake mine. His expression is apologetic, but the green eyed monster inside me is still stomping around hard enough that all I can muster in return is a smug grin.

When the door closes behind them, Blake leans his palms on the table to hold his weight. His navy blue suit accentuates the tan he's developed being here. How is it possible the man looks more attractive than he did yesterday?

In my experience, sex deflates attraction. The attraction builds, intensifies, then explodes into a night of passion before fizzling out the next morning. As Blake's piercing eyes clash with mine, however, I find he is the exception to that rule.

My stomach aches for more of him. Hell, even my groin starts to heat and twitch in the hopes of something more happening between us. Maybe right here on this conference table? Maybe on top of all that fruity pebble's layouts?

"You were awfully quiet during that entire meeting," Blake comments.

Yea. That's because I was thinking about our sex from last night. Oh right. And that little small emotion of being in love with you that seems to be growing by the second.