Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Blake's accusation sizzles in the short distance between us. His words are stated in a tone of raw, bold confidence, one that automatically encourages me to refute against it.

Jealous? My boss thinks I'm jealous...of what? Him and his nasty boyfriend? Him and the probably dozens of men that he touched before his boyfriend? Or the fact that I'm not one of those men who's been touched by him?

Ha! Fat chance.

To all of the above.

Then again, there's a weird, niggling emotion that pierces me at the thought of seeing Blake and his boyfriend together. It's one that makes me hot and angry, yet vulnerable and anxious all at once. I've never felt jealousy before, and my jaw works itself tighter and tighter wondering if this is it.

I glower at him.

"Jealous? You wish."

My voice sounds as broken as a crumbling cracker as it's being smashed against someone's palm. Blake's eyes slowly travel down my face until settling on my mouth.

His expression is serious and my stomach quivers. My back presses against the wall of the elevator. I'm trapped. Blake knows it, too. My pulse quickens through my veins, and Blake lowers his head to reach my level. His lips hover dangerously close to mine and my mouth waters.

This is normally the time during an intimate moment with a woman that I seal the deal with a kiss. Now though, with a pair of masculine lips so close to my own, everything is jumbled. Every movement and every thought of mine is riddled with uncertainty. So I remain still – still and waiting. Waiting for my first kiss with -

Ding.

My breath hitches when the elevator doors open.

The noise freezes Blake in place, and I don't dare move a muscle. For reasons completely unknown and unexplainable to me, I want this to happen. I want to know what it would feel like having Blake's lips fighting for dominance against my own.

I've never wanted something like this before, but right now, in this moment, my body seems to be aching for it. My raging boner is proof enough of that.

Blake's serious expression relaxes enough for a daring smirk to spread across his lips.

"Say it," he commands just above a whisper. "Say it nice and slow so I can savor every word."

"Say it....?"

"That you're jealous."

My lips part, but all that comes out is a flustered sigh. Blake's smirk darkens, and without hesitation he pulls me from the elevator. My legs feel weak and wobbly as he drags me behind him, his grip becoming tighter and tighter around my masculine wrist. He doesn't stop until we're in the living room of the suite. Blake closes the door behind us and turns me to face him.

His hand drops away from me, but the ghost of his fingertips still manage to tease the blonde hairs of my wrist. The two of us stand face to face, less than a foot apart from one another. My pulse echoes in my eardrums, an internal siren pleading with me to stop. To come to my senses.

But I can't.

Blake takes a tentative step towards me, sliding his hand around my waist. Every movement is calculated and precise, a hunter utilizing restrained caution before attacking its prey. When I don't protest, Blake tightens his fingers around my hip. It's a classic move, one I've pulled on countless women before.

Yet now it's being done to me. By a man.

With just the tips of his fingers he draws my body closer to his. The warmth of his chest collides with mine. His torso is hard, firm, and muscular, so unlike the feminine softness that I'm used to. It feels weird. But kind of good.